57

Azalea Miller

-3 years ago; Senior year-

I straighten out my simple black shirt for the thousandth time in the past few minutes as me and Sam walked up to the front doors of the restaurant while I but my lip nervously. "Hey hey," Sam said using his hand that was already holding mine to pull me back. "It's okay."

"What if things turn out worse than last night," I say quickly. "What if they want us to break up. What if they end up hating me. What if they dec-"

"What if they love you," he cuts me off. "Scratch that what if, they are going to; last night gave a lot of perspective to them on who you really are. They will love you, and if the slightest chance they don't then I still do, always will." He pecked my forehead. "And if the dinner starts to go south then we leave and they can deal with it. Okay?"

I sighed. "Okay," I gave a small smile.

Sam gave me a quick kiss on the lips helping ease my nervousness. "Lets do this." I said and we were off into the restaurant.

Once we found his parents they took me by surprise and gave me a hug before sitting down.

"Okay first off," Lori started off straight away.

"We, mainly I would like to apologize for last night." Dave cut her off. "I was being a complete asshole, I should of been supportive and understanding like Lori."

"It's okay sir," I nod. "I understand that you both want what's best for Sammy and considering how we met wasn't the impression that you guys should of gotten; nor was it the impression I wanted to give."

"Call me Dave." He started. "And me and Lori talked it over and we understand why you were like that; I'm not saying it was okay, but it does explain it."

"Your such a sweet girl anytime you came over so we know that wasn't you," Lori said. "We are sorry to hear about your father and what happened to your mother,"

"Thank you." I give a smile.

"Can I start you two drinks?" The waiter came up to over table.

"A Dr.pepper please."

"Coke please," Sam said after me and the waiter nodded, then walked away.

"You have a brother right?" Dave said.

"Yes, Ethan." I nodded.

"How's he?" Lori asked. "Where's he?"

"He's good." I smiled. "He's the one that wanted me to move to North Carolina after my mom, he didn't want me staying in the house with my dad."

"Good." Dave said. "What's he do?"

"He's joining the army," I told them. "He's suppose to leave text Tuesday for training and all."

"And what would you like to do after high school?" Dave asked. "Are you going to go to college?"

"I don't know." I give a small laugh.

"Az' here has an amazing voice." Sam said while grabbing my hand under the table and looking at me.

"You sing?" Lori smiled at me. "Do you want to become a signer?"

"Yeah." I nod, "but I get nervous really bad so I don't know." I laugh a little.

We soon ordered, then ate while we continued to talk.

534 words
*unedited*

8/3/17 | 545 words - edited