33

Azalea Miller

-3 & 1/2 years ago; Junior year-

Monday

"Ms.Miller, stay please." My teacher said as everyone walked out of the classroom door to go to lunch.

Nate sent me a 'your in trouble' look right before he left.

I stood by the teachers desk. "Your grades are dropping."

"Yes, I know." I said. "I'm working on getting them up."

"Why are they dropping?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "They just are."

After having a five minute conversation with my teacher about my grades I was final able to leave and go to lunch.

I was already annoyed from my damn teacher and wanted this day over already.

I walked through the cafeteria doors and went straight to the lunch table we sit at. "Hey there's, Az'." JJ said as he saw me walking up, he said it in a weird tone that I couldn't put my finger on.

Nate was sitting next to JJ and Gilinsky was on the side of Sam with there backs to me and there was a girl sitting next to Sam.

"Uh, hi?" I say as I stood at the end of the table.

"Hey Az'." Nate gave me a small smile like he was trying to say something and I furrowed my eyes brows in confusion at it.

"Can you get out of my seat?" I turn my head to the girl and she gave me a bitchy look and narrowed her eyes at me.

"There are other seats at the table," she says. "Plus I never saw your name on this seat."

I opened my mouth to talk but JJ grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the bench that he was sitting on with Nate and I sat next to JJ right across from Sam.

"What did Mr.T want?" Nate said breaking the silence and pushing his head past JJ to look at me.

"He just wanted to talk about my grades." I shrug, Nate nodded.

"Whose house later?" JJ spoke breaking the again awkward silence causing me to look over at him.

"Mine?" Sam finally spoke.

"Aw baby, I was hoping we could finish what we started on Friday." The girl said.

I turned my head toward her, not before seeing wide eyes from JJ, Nate and Gilinsky. The girl was looking right at Sam and was batting her eyelashes at him as he just stared at me with wide eyes trying to explain with a look.

"What's your name?" I ask sweetly to the girl sitting at the table, giving her a nice smile.

She got rid of her bitchy smile but kept a little bitchy attitude and gave a somewhat nice smile. "Emma." She said while looking at me.

I could see out of the corner of my eye all the guys watching my every move to see what I was doing. "So Emma," I smile. "Who is 'baby'?" I ask using the nickname she used for one of the guys.