71

Azalea Miller

-3 years ago; Senior year-

I don't know how long ago it was Johnson left the roof but I just sat staring out at the trees while my hand was holding onto the necklace around my neck.

I was brought out of my day dream by Sam climbing up onto the roof and walking over to me with his hand behind his back. "Hey," he said softly.

I glanced up at him and looked back at the trees after I spoke, "Hey."

He sits down next to me and let out a soft sigh and I still didn't look at him. In the corner of my eye I saw his hand come from around his back to in front of him. "Here, your favorite." He said with a hint of hope in his voice.

I looked at his eyes briefly as they were staring at me waiting for my next move. My eyes went to the bouquet of lilies and sighed softly as I gave a tiny smile and took them from his hand examining them. I smiled slightly and looked up at him seeing he was still staring at me.

"Sam, I told you once that lilies are my favorite." I said looking him in the eye.

He smiled, "I know." His smile faded and he gently grabbed my hand and rubbed his thumb back and fourth soothingly. He looked back up at my eyes. "I'm sorry," he said and something in his eyes and the tone of his voice that told me he was sincere. "I," he sighed. "I shouldn't of accused you of cheating, I know you wouldn't and I have all my trust in you." I opened my mouth to speak but he cut me off, "Azalea listen, please." He said and I nodded. "I heard you on the phone and," he stopped.

"I know you heard me," I said. "Johnson told me."

He nodded slightly, "When I heard your voice break down like that, it, it made me feel like shit." He said.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked looking down messing with his fingers.

"Yeah," he mumbled.

"Why did you think I cheated?" I asked. Before he could answer I spoke again, "Please don't say because of the guys, if you say that just don't say anything at all."

He sighed and lifted his other hand that I wasn't holding and placed it under my chin using it to gently pick my head up to look at him. "It's because your to good for me, I know it's cliche but I honestly don't deserve you." He said looking me in the eyes. "I said that because being back here and seeing you with three other guys that care for you as much as I do and the Jacks and Nate made me think that one day you will just leave because you found some so much better because that is what you deserve." He sighed again softly. "Last time we were here we were just starting us and being here your worries about us that you told Emily and Johnson, and-"

"Hey," I cut him off. "I don't worry about that anymore, okay?" I said looking it to his eyes. "Don't think about that anymore." I said.

He nodded and moved his hand up to my cheek and cupping it while moving his thumb soothingly.

I brought my hand up placing it onto of his and moved it closer to my mouth and kissed his palm.

I looked back up at him and his thumb slid across my bottom lip causing it to bounce back. "I love you," he softly spoke.

I smiled, "I love you too."

He leaned forward and kissed my lips passionately. He pulled away with a smile, "Come on, I have a surprise." He said and stood up carefully so he wouldn't fall then helped me up.

I grabbed my flowers and followed him off the roof. Once we got off the roof we headed inside and walked past the living room where everyone was.

When we walked past them the Jacks and Sasha smiled when they saw are connected hands. Luke, Seb, Joey and Nate were to busy watching the TV.

Me and Sam headed upstairs and into our room.

The bed was nicely made with with extra pillows. The TV remote was on the bed along with a Taco Bell bag.

I smiled and walked in Sam following behind.

I jumped into the bed and Sam closed the door and jumped on the bed next to me. "Netflix and Taco Bell?" Sam smirked.

"You know me to well," I smile and opened up the Taco Bell bag while Sam turned on Netflix.

787 words
*unedited*

8/3/17 | 793 words - edited