32

Azalea Miller

-3 & 1/2 years ago; Junior year-

After Sammy's hot air balloon surprise to make it up to me for scaring me he took me to Taco Bell.

"What are you getting today?" He asked as we waited in line.

"I'm not that hungry." I shrug as we walked forward to the counter.

"Hi, what can I get for you?" The girl behind the counter asked with a small smile.

"Can I get just a supreme taco and a medium drink please." I said and she nodded as she entered it.

"And for you?" She turned her head and her smile was bigger and she was eye flirting with Sam.

"Just two crunchy tacos please." Sam said and reached for his pocket.

"Sure thing." She smiled directly at him at didn't go to enter it in.

"Um, excuse me, for us to get those two crunchy tacos you have to enter them in, please and thank you." I said tapping on the border of the touch pad. She gave me a sassy eye roll and entered Sam's tacos in.

"Will that be it?" She asked and glanced at me giving me the bitch face then looked over at Sam and her flirty smile and eyes came back.

"Yeah, that's it." I nod and give a bitchy smile to her and she rolled her eyes again.

"That'll be five sixty-seven." She said.

I reached for my phone to grab the ten I had in the back but Sam was already handing her a ten. "Sammy, I would of gotten it." I sighed.

"Baby, no I got it." He smiled at me and the girl behind the counter rolled her eyes and handed him the change and his receipt and my medium cup.

We stepped off to the side and waited for our food. "You were jealous." He said quietly and pulled me into his side while we waited.

"She was giving you the flirty smile and eyes." I roll my eyes.

"How would you know?" He asked. "Because I saw the flirty smile but not the eyes, maybe because I never get those eyes from you only the eye rolls." He teased.

"Oh, shut up." I laugh. "I gotta fill my drink." I said and took a few steps to the soda fountain. I filled it up with ice and Dr.Pepper.

By the time I got back to Sam, he had just grabbed our bag.

"Lets go." He said. We got into the car and he drove off.

We soon pulled up to the park and headed to the table we normal hang out at.

We sat down and I pulled out my one Taco and started to eat and Sam did the same with his two.

After we finished eating I looked around. I looked behind me and smiled. I stood up and he gave me a 'what are you doing' look.

I stood up on top of the table and jumped a little to grab a hold of the tree branch above me. I swung and got up into the tree. "Miss scared of heights climbing a tree." He laughed and shook his head.

He stood on the seat and climbed up easier than I did.

"Your such a show off." I laughed and shook my head. "I hate being short."

"It's cute." He smiled, he leaned in so one of his hands were rested against a branch to stabilize himself and his other hand rest on my hip as I laid down on the big tree branch.

We both smiled and as he connected are lips together. He pulled away but not far. "How mad would you be if I did something really cheesy and cliche?" He asked.

"Depends on what it is." I responded looking down at his lips then back up into his eyes.

"I don't care, I'm doing it." He smiled and pulled away completely and pulled out his pocket knife.

"Really?" I laugh and he nods. He started to carve. I watched as he craved out A.M + S.W and handed me the knife.

"You do the heart, I'll mess it up." He said and I laughed and shook my head slightly as I grabbed the knife from his hand and carved the left side then the right.

"Cliche." I laughed.

"Aye, be quiet." He smiled and leaned in how he was earlier and kissed me. He took the knife from me and instead of closing it he looked down to the ground and dropped it. He looked back at me and smiled and kissed me again.

"I have to go home tonight." I pulled away slightly.

"What no!" He said quickly and pulled further back but not completely, just enough for us and to be able to see each other's face easier.

"Yes Sam, my mom comes back today."

"No, your not going back to that house." He shook his head.

"I have to Sam. I can't let her be there alone with him." I told him.

"Azalea, no you can't. I don't-"

"There you guys are." Gilinsky said as him, Nate and JJ sat down at the table below the tree.

"Stop making out in the tree please." JJ said. "This is a park and there is little kids here."

"Y'all got Taco Bell!" I heard Nate shout.

"Sam, I have to." I whispered.

He sighed. "I don't want to argue, with them around or at all." And with that he jumped down from the tree and sat down on the bench.

I sighed and laid my head back and in less than a minute I did the same and jumped down and sat down on the bench with the guys.

946 words
*unedited*

8/3/17 | 958 words - edited