Chapter III

She stopped reading when she heard her name.

"Shelby, we're in Louisiana." her mom said.

She looked up from her book and looked out the window. Things didn't look any different than they did in Texas. She didn't know what she expected. There were cars, houses, stores and a lot of trees between.

"Looks like home." she said then went back to reading the book.

"Where was I? Oh, yeah. On the balcony kissing and holding him." she thought.

"I haven't a clue why I did that. I was compelled to do so." the man said.

"What a line!" she thought as she giggled. Her sister turned and stared at her. She went right on reading.

"I'm so glad you did." said the woman.

"She doesn't even know him just his name. What is she thinking?" she thought then went back to reading.

They were standing on the balcony all alone looking at each other. Another man comes out on the balcony and whispers something to the man.

"There's something that needs my attention. I'll be right back." the man said.

He walks off with the other man through the double doors before them. The woman walks over to the doors and sees the man talking to another woman. She looks away and starts to cry. He's holding the other woman's hands. He was just kissing and holding her in his arms.

"What in the world is going on? What kind of crap is that? Is she going to let him get away with that?" she thought then read on.

The woman turns back to take another look and they have disappeared from view. The woman walks calmly back inside and looks around. She can't see either of them anywhere. She walks through the crowd towards a hallway. She peeks her head out to look. They are not there. She sees a light shining under a door and walks over to it. She grabs the knob and slowly turns it.