Chapter VI

She turned to look out the window. Things look a little different.

"Where are we now?" she asked.

"Alabama." her dad answered.

"Really?" she asked.

"Yes, really." her dad said.

"How close are we to Georgia?" she asked.

"It'll be a while, Shelby. Be patient." her mom said.

"Not happening." she thought.

"Ok." she said.

She looked out the window hoping they would hurry up and reach their destination. Time slowed down again and it seemed like it was taking forever to get anywhere. She watched the cars fly passed them and wished her dad would drive faster. No such luck. Safety first he always said.

She picked up the book one more time and flipped through it. She went back and started reading the pages she had skipped. No where in the book that she could find did it tell what the man suffered from, how they met or who that other woman was. No mention of what happened to the man and woman.

"I'm confused. Did they stay together or not? How sick was he really?" she thought.

She turned back to the window and watched the cars pass by. She didn't want to start another book. She was confused about love now for sure. That book surely didn't help her at all.

"That was a waste of time for sure." she thought.

She sat there staring out the window and fell to sleep.