Chapter XVI

She woke up early the next morning. She looked out the window and the sun was just starting to rise. She laid there looking out the window.

She felt movement. Gracey was just rolling over. She went back to looking out the window. There wasn't a thing going on.

She decided to get up and get dressed. She went through her suitcase quietly trying not to wake Gracey. She pulled out a shirt and a pair of shorts. She took off her nightgown. She was standing there in her panties.

She pulled her shorts on. She searched for her bra. She found it in the floor. She put it on and adjusted it. She pulled her shirt on. She looked up and saw Tommy standing in the window next door. She moved away from the window quickly.

"That's what I get for not watching what I was doing. I wonder how much he saw if anything." she thought.

Her heart was racing. She was shocked and embarrassed. She wanted to look back out the window to see if he was still standing there. She couldn't force.herself to do it.

"John can't know what just happened. He'll kill Tommy then me." she thought. "I really messed up this time."

She grabbed a pair of socks quickly from the suitcase and looked for her shoes. She found her shoes and sat down on the bed gently. She put her socks and shoes on. She sat on the bed trying not to look out the window.

She couldn't help it. She had to know. She glanced out the window. He wasn't there anymore. She sighed. She turned to check on Gracey. She was still asleep. She heard no other sounds in the house.

"I must be the first one up." she thought.

She stood up and walked out of the room. Everybody was still asleep. She went to the living room and sat down on the couch. She turned on the TV and turned down the volume. She flipped stations. All she could find was church.

"It's Sunday. There's not going to be anything else on." she thought.

She kept on flipping stations. She found a movie on. She didn't know what it was and she didn't care as long as it wasn't church. She sat there watching whatever it was. Bored was bored and she was definitely bored. Luckily, she wasn't hungry yet. That would be bad.

Thirty maybe forty minutes later, John came walking into the living room. He sat down next to her.

"Good morning." John said.

"Morning. I don't know if it's good yet or not." she said.

"How long you been awake?" John asked.

"Long enough." she said. "There's nothing on."

"It's Sunday. There never is." he said.

"What's on the agenda for today?" she asked.

"Don't know yet. Need coffee." he said.

"Do you know how to make coffee?" she asked.

"Nope." he said. "Do you?" he asked.

She got up and said, "Yes, I do."

He stared at her as she walked to the kitchen.

"You're joking right." he said.

"Nope. I'm not joking. I know how to do a lot of things." she said.

She started opening cabinets. She found the coffee, sugar and filters. She went to the coffee maker. She prepared the coffee and started the maker. She turned and John was sitting at the table. She opened the cabinets to find coffee cups.