Chapter XXV

Dad, her mom and Gracey got out of the car. she sat there a little longer. It was as if she was afraid to get out. She felt uncomfortable and she didn't know why.

"Who in the world could be here?" she thought.

She sat there staring at the car. She didn't notice that her family had entered the house. She reached for the handle when Tommy appeared out of nowhere. She screamed. He opened the door quickly and held her in his arms.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." Tommy said.

"I'm ok." she said. "Is that your car?" she asked.

"Yeah. I got it today agter work." Tommy said.

"It's nice." she said.

"Thanks." he said. "Come on."

He let her go and she exited the car. He took her hand and lead her towards his car. She looked towards the house. John was standing on the porch watching them. Tommy opened the door and motioned for her to get in. She looked at him.

"Go ahead. Get in." Tommy said. "It's alright. I'm just taking you for a ride."

"Does Dad know?" she asked.

"Yeah. I asked him. He said it was ok." Tommy said.

She got in and he shut the door. John said something and Tommy walked towards the porch. They talked for a couple of minutes. John pointed his finger at Tommy and Tommy put his hands up. She went to open the door but stopped. Her dad walked outside and said something. John put his head down and Tommy smiled. He turned and walked to the car. He stopped by the door. She heard him say, "Yes, Sir." He opened the door and got in. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Is everything alright?" she asked.

"Yeah. Your father just put John in his place. He told him to leave us alone and let us have some time alone together." Tommy said.

"John didn't like that at all, did he?" she asked.

"No, he didn't. He tried to weasle his way in but your father said "No!" ." Tommy said.

They drove away and she was starting to feel very nervous. Her hands started to sweat. She felt like she was going to throw up.

"What's wrong with me?" she thought. "What's going on with me?"

"Are you ok?" Tommy asked.

"What?" she asked.

"Are you ok?" Tommy asked again.

"Yeah. I'm just nervous." she said. "I do better in a crowd."

"Are you afraid of me?" he asked.

"No. Should I be?" she asked.

"No. I wouldn't do anything to ever hurt you." he reassured her.

She nodded. She didn't know what his intentions were and that scared her. He hadn't tried anything but that didn't mean he wouldn't. She tried to remember what John told her about what to do if he tried something.

"Oh yeah. Stop him and tell him "No!" ." she thought. "I hope that works."

"Look. We're just going for a ride. That's all." he said. "There's nothing to be afraid of."

She opened up and said, "I've never been alone with a guy before."

"I don't bite." he laughed. "You should know that by now."