Chapter L

They walked up the steps and into the house. He led her straight to his room with no hesitation. He shut and locked the doors behind them. He rushed around the room trying to prepare everything.

"Slow down." she said.

"I'm sorry?" he asked.

"SLOW DOWN." she said again.

"Ok. Alright." he said. "What would you like to do first?" he asked.

"How about watch the movie while we talk." she said.

"Movie and talk. Ok. Then that's what we'll do first." he said.

"Are you nervous or something." she asked.

"I'm not nervous. I'm a little anxious." he said.

"A little!" she said. "You're rushing around here like a chicken with it's head cut off."

"I know. I know. This is a big deal to me. Ok." he said. "I want everything to be perfect for your first time."

"That's one thing that I want to talk to you about. Put the movie on and we'll talk." she said.

He put the movie in the player and turned the TV on. He hopped on the bed and patted the spot beside him. She climbed onto the bed but she didn't sit beside him. She crawled between his legs and sat down. She leaned up against him and started watching the movie.

Every so often, she would rub her hands up and down his legs and ask, "Does that bother you?"

He answered, "No." but it was bothering him.

He didn't want to be teased. He didn't really want to watch the movie. He really didn't want to talk either. He wanted to tell her what he wanted to do but said nothing.

"Are you enjoying our time together alone?" she asked.

"Not really." he answered honestly.

"I thought you wanted to watch the movie with me." she said.

"I do. Don't get me wrong. I just thought that something else was going to happen." he said.

"Good things come to those who wait. The night isn't over." she said.

"I really don't want to wait." he said.

"You know what. You haven't given me my birthday gift yet." she said.

"I haven't, have I." he said. "Let me up."

She sat up and allowed him to stand up. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. He handed it to her and waited. She opened the box slowly. There was a necklace inside the box. There was a pendant that said "Tommy's". She smiled and stared at the necklace.

"I have ownership!" she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

He reached up and wiped the tear away then said, "Don't cry, babygirl. You know that I've always thought of you as mine. Now, everyone will know that you're really mine."

He thought that what he said would stop her from crying but she cried harder. More tears went rolling down her face. Too many for Tommy to try and catch. He went down on his knees and grabbed her in his arms.

"Don't cry babygirl." he said.

"I'm not sad. I'm happy." she said. "No one's ever given me anything like this before. Thank you!"

"You're welcome. Here, let me help you put it on." he said.

He took it out of the box and unclasped it. He reached up around her neck and clasped the necklace. He moved back to look at it.