Birthday Boy

Y/N's point of view

"Hmmm, leave me alone," my husband, Josh, mumbles as I kiss his face.
"C'mon, birthday boy," I say, smiling at him. He turns around in bed, and smiles at me, his eyes still closed.
"Hey, wifey. I appreciate the morning kisses," he smirks.
"Happy birthday, Jish." I hug him, and he gets up to head off downstairs.
"Wait! You stay here, Joshy. I'll sort out breakfast. Go back to bed," I say, hurrying about. Josh sighs, and flops back into bed.
"Well, OK. Whatever you say." He smiles at me.

Once I'm downstairs, I get Josh a French coffee and some of his favourite cereal (with the milk AFTER the cereal), and put it in a tray. I put his card and present on the tray as well, then walk upstairs, and into our bedroom. Josh is sitting there on top of the bed, just scrolling through his phone. I cough, and he instantly drops his phone.
"Holy crap, Y/N, thanks so much. You didn't have to!"
"It's the least I could do. Now hurry, your coffee is going to get cold."
He sips at the coffee, and then eats his cereal.
"I'm guessing you poured the milk after the cereal."
I laugh.
"How did you guess?"
"I know you too well." He smiles at my wedding ring, which is black with a diamond in the middle.
"What?" I ask him. He smiles at me, taking my hand in his.
"Oh, nothing. I'm just so happy. I'm going to open your card now, ok?"
"Oh, yes!"
He opens the card, and he smiles at the cover, which is a drawing I'd done of him, and he reads the message I wrote in his card out loud.

Dear, Joshy,

Happy 29th birthday, my love. I hope I've made you as happy as you've made me. I can't believe we've only been together for just over 4 years because it feels like an absolute lifetime; not that I'm complaining, of course. We've been through 'hard times' (that Paramore reference through), but we always get through it. I'm honestly so damn proud of you. You've inspired me so much, and continue to do so every day. I'm looking forward to the rest of life together.

Lots of love,

Y/N |-/

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"That's lovely," Josh says, wiping a tear from his eye.
"I love you so much," I say, and we kiss each other.
"Love you too," Josh says, smiling into the kiss.
"Open your present!" I say, jumping up and down on the bed.
"Ok, ok," he chuckles. He tears open the wrapping paper, and gasps at what I got him; it's some new drumsticks, an X Files blanket, and Beavis and Butt-head DVDs.
"Babe, you shouldn't have!" He says, kissing me.
"It's ok, Joshy. Also, you might want to get changed; your family are coming over soon."
"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" He chuckles.
"It's more like what you're not wearing," I say with a laugh, walking out of the room to get ready for the rest of the day, but then I'm picked up, and gently put on the bed.
"Hey! So what if I'm shirtless; it's not like I don't go out every night on tour to play the drums, only to take off my shirt halfway through! And besides, I've got shorts on! Also, can't we just cuddle for a while?" He says, pouting. I nod, running a hand through his hair. I pull up the X Files blanket around our waists, then we just cuddle, my head resting on his chest. He wraps his arms around me tightly.
"Happy birthday, my love," I murmur, before falling back to sleep.