"I'm your biggest fan!" (Part 3/10)

"Huh? But Tyler's the lead singer; I'm just the drummer." What is this guy talking about?
"I know he's the lead singer, but that's the issue! He gets all the attention and you don't."
I frown at him.
"What do you mean by that?"
"Well, you just get shoved to the back of the stage and that Tyler gets all the limelight," Cory explains to me. I decide not to argue with this guy, and instead decide to look around the house for a way out.
"Um, Cory," I say to him. He nods at me.
"Yes, Josh?" he asks me eagerly.
"Can I have a tour of the house now that I'm a guest?"
"Oh, of course, Josh." He walks out of the guest room and beckons me out onto some stairs, which twist down and into another bedroom. The walls are painted white, and there's a light brown wardrobe next to a double bed with a dark purple duvet set. Cory seems impatient to get me out of this room for some reason as he's pacing up and down by the bedroom door.
"So, uh, who's bedroom is this?" I ask him.
"This is the master bedroom, also known as my room."
I guess there's no chance me creeping out of the guest room in the dead of night anytime soon. Or maybe this kid really is concerned about me and actually wants to take care of me?
"Ah, cool. Is there another room?" I ask him, following him downstairs.
"Yeah. This is the kitchen and the living room all in one. The TV's there," Cory says, pointing to a small sized flatscreen TV on a table against the wall opposite the sofa. There's a small table next to the window, and - despite the sun seeping through them - the curtains are closed. Next to the window in the front door. If I could, I'd escape, but I can see out of the corner of my eye that Cory is watching me very carefully. I see that there's a very small kitchen next to the foot of the stairs, and I notice that all the cupboards are locked with padlocks, as well as the fridge.
"Hey, how come all the cupboards and fridge are locked?"
"I get burgled a lot, so I tend to lock the cutlery and food up."
"Oh, but surely robbers would be after something more valuable, right?"
He ignores me, and I walk around the living room, and I don't see any photos of any family or friends anywhere.
"This is pretty small; don't you get claustrophobic?" I ask him, generally concerned.
"I'm fine." It's a short and sharp answer, and I feel like I've annoyed him a lot.
"But-" I start to say, but Cory cuts me off.
"Let's go back upstairs to your room."
I just nod meekly, and let him lead me up to my bedroom, grabbing me some Red Bull and Oreos.
"Here you go, Josh. See you at dinner!" He says, going out of the room.
"Wait! How come I'm back in my room? Surely I should be out of my room?"
He hesitates, and then smiles at me.
"I just want you to rest, ok?"
"O-ok."
"Goodnight, Joshy, see you later." He shuts the door, and I hear his footsteps stomp down the stairs. Now I take it as a good idea to see any escape option in my room. Don't get me wrong, Cory is a nice guy, but I'm starting to get a strange vibe off him. The room is fairly small, with a single bed in the middle of the room, and the walls are a plain white colour, which seems to be a running theme throughout the house. There's a mahogany wardrobe in the right hand corner of the room, and I notice the curtains are threadbare, and that there are bars across the window. I look around on the plain mahogany floor for a hidden trapdoor.
Nothing.
Finally, I try the door to my room. Even through I know it leads directly to Cory's room, I think I'll end up going mad from the lack of human contact. I go to the door - which is painted black - and turn the brass doorknob, trying to open it. It doesn't budge. That's when it dawns on me:
He's locked the door.