The Hoodwinker Island (Part 15/15 - Alternative Ending)

"You ok?" Her mother asks her, coming into the living room where Kat is sitting on the sofa, stroking Freya, Rou's pet cat.
"Hmmm, I'm ok. I think I'll just go to the toilet before taking a nap," Kat says, getting up from the sofa. Freya mews a little in protest that her stroking got cut short.
"Make sure you give her fuss," Kat says to her mother, stopping at the doorway, "she'll turn her nose up at you otherwise. Just ask Rou." Her mother looks surprised at Kat's request, but continues to stroke Freya, who starts to purr loudly. Kat smiles before turning away and walking upstairs to the bathroom.
And that's when Kat starts shaking. She can't pinpoint why she's shaking, but a small part of her thinks it's because of all the stress she's been through. She feels someone twirling her hair around their finger. She looks into the mirror to see it's Mitchell. She gasps, and shoves him backwards, but is horrified to see it's actually Rou she has pushed over. He looks at her with the same expression someone would give an injured baby animal; like she's something to protect and take care of.
It's just a hallucination, Kat thinks to herself, Mitchell isn't re-
I wouldn't be so sure of that, Mitchell's voice interrupts, cutting Kat's thought in half.
She manages to slowly sink to the bathroom floor before crying and almost retching, hoping that'll make everything go away as Mitchell's harsh laugh joins the commotion inside her head.

The End