You get stood up (Tyler)

"Hey, Ty, remember I've got a date today at the park!" I call to my best friend, Tyler.
"Ok, Y/N, are you sure you want me to drop you off?"
"I'm sure; just so long as he doesn't see you in case he gets jealous." I chuckle at him as he appears in the doorway of my living room.
"You look lovely," he says shyly as he sees what I'm wearing.
"Oh, please, Ty, it's just one of your band's t-shirts and a pair of blue jeans," I say. He swings the car keys around his finger.
"Shall we go?"
I pick up my handbag, and nod.
"Let's go."

***

"Is he there?"
I scan the park.
"Not yet, but we're early, so I'll wait and see if he's around." I get out of the car.
"Hey!" Tyler calls to me, "are you sure you don't want me to wait? I'll stay round the corner."
"I'm sure. Love you, Ty." I shut the door, and wave at him. He waves back, and he starts the car. I turn around and wait under a tree. I message my date to let him know I'm here, and it delivers to him.

Around 15 minutes later, my phone dings, and I'm praying it's my date with an apology as as to why he's late, but it turns out to be Tyler, who's messaging me on our group chat:

You ok, Y/N? Is he there?
Josh: Oh, Y/N's on a date, is she?
Me: He hasn't turned up yet. I've called him, and messaged him, but no reply.
Josh: No way, man, that's crap. Do you want one of us to pick you up?
Me: I'll be fine. I'll let you know if he arrives.

Tyler calls me, but I decline the call; he's seen our group chat, so he already knows. I sigh, and slump against the tree. Suddenly, I hear a car horn beeping. I look up, and see Tyler parking his car in the car park. I get up and grab my purse just as he's getting out of the car. I see he's holding something behind his back.
"Hey, I got you a present," he says, blushing a little. I hold out my hand for the present, and he puts a packet of popcorn in my hand, along with two tickets to see Wonder Woman.
"Oh, Tyler, you didn't!" I gasp, hugging him.
"I sure did! Now let's go see that movie!"

***

Once we're in the cinema, Tyler whispers to me:
"This was a better date, right?"
I squeeze his hand.
"You're right; this is the best date I've had." I rest my head on his shoulders, and I feel his hand clutching mine.
Throughout the movie, he never lets go of my hand.