twenty six

I walked into my house all by myself and dropped my bag to the ground with a happy sigh. Goodbye freshman year, you are not going to be missed at all. Not one bit completely.

"I'm home!" I shouted out loud.

"I'm in the den!" My mother responded back to me. I nodded even though she couldn't see, so that was pretty idiotic but ya know. I walked down the mini stairs and in to the den where she was doing some work off of her MacBook Pro.

"Hey mom, did you have a good day?" I asked giving her a hug.

"It was great." She smiled hugging me back "How was yours?"

"It was good. It was nice to have Nash there with me all day, I didn't realize how much I missed him being at school with me." I told her.

"Well, your day is about to go from good to great miss superstar." She said.

"NO." I said in shock as I brought my hand up to my mouth. I said it in like a 'no way' tone, is she saying what I think she is?

"Yes, you got the Brandy audition." She smiled. I instantly jumped up and out of instinct, I ran and tackled her in to a big hug. I didn't even care, I was on cloud nine. Nothing could ruin this day.

"When do I go?!" I asked impatiently and excitedly.

"Well, tomorrow you are leaving to LA. You are going to be staying there all the way up to San Diego, and then you are going to fly down to San Diego and go there for Magcon and right after Magcon you are going to fly back up to LA for another week to do extra work for Brandy as well. They are planning a lot for you, you're going to be in California for around a month." She said as my jaw dropped.

"That's amazing!" I said excitedly. My smile couldn't fade, nothing could make it go away. That was until my boyfriend came into mind. One whole month away from him, I only get to see him 3 days in one entire month? I don't know if I have the strength to do that kind of stuff.

"But what about Nash mom?" I asked her with a frown and a small sigh.

"You'll see him at Magcon!" She smiled, trying to stay positive.

"Yeah, but that's only like three or four days. I'll be gone ONE WHOLE MONTH." I said to her sadly. "And, I don't think he's gonna take it well. I didn't tell him anything about it before, he doesn't even know I'm associated with it all." I said.

"Why?!" She asked shocked.

"I was afraid to tell him! Nash...I don't know mom, he's pretty sensitive. He loves me a lot, and we haven't been apart for that long. I don't know how he will take it." I sighed.

"Listen dear," she said grabbing my hands. "I know Nash, he will be upset because yes, everyone on planet earth can tell he loves you with everything in him, but I know he will be happy for you too. He may be upset and sad but he won't be mad at you I can guarantee it to you. Just go and be honest with him Cora." She said. I smiled weakly and gave her a hug.

"Thank you mom, I'm gonna head over and tell him." I smiled at her. I got up and walked up the stairs heading out the back door and walking over to his house. I walked up the big staircase to his back porch and knocked on the back door waiting for an answer.

I soon saw a happy Hayes walk up to the sliding door. He opened it happily but his smile faded when he saw me. Did I look that sad or was he mad at me?

"What's wrong?" He whispered carefully. It's so weird because Hayes is as tall as me, almost taller. He reminds me of Nash in so many ways it's scary.