Chapter 4

After a half an hour spin in the beauty of a car, we pulled up outside of the new club that had opened in town that very week. It was huge and had bright neon lights flashing out and bouncing off windows on the opposite side of the street. The name of the club was spread right across the front centre of the brick building in bright pink. 'Mittles Club'. Coming out of the club entrance was a long red velvet carpet, that had led right up to the door of the car. There were a few people standing at either side. When I looked closer, they were all people I knew, old friends, new friends, family, family friends, all dressed as famous singers and their eyes glued to the car. I was in utter shock. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

The choffeur opened up my door, and as I stepped out of the car, everyone looked like they had been blown away. I wore red lipstick (which is unusual for me because I didn't like it next to the pale complexion of my skin). I was also rocking out a load of mascara and eyeliner, perfectly applied around my dark eyes, my hair was in a tight ponytail and my sister said earlier that evening, I looked amazing in the outfit. I got closer walking down the red carpet slowly and everyone cheered loudly. 

When I finally reached the entrance, which felt like a lifetime, my face was probably the same colour as the lipstick I was wearing. My sister was there to meet me at the door.

"Well, how's this for a surprise?" she smirked.

"Wow, what the hell is this for?"

"It's for all the times you've never really bothered with your birthday. And all the times you've made an effort with everyone else's! You deserve this but again, this isn't the end! You're the first one to step into this club!! Its privately yours for the night!! Now get your ass in, so we can follow you! Its freeeeeezing!!' 

The room was dark but it was kitted out with the biggest stereo system and one of the most well known DJ'S in Hull. 

"Oh my god, him there! The DJ!! It's not Nicky is it?!"

"Of course it is! Only the best for you sis!"

Ordering my first drink at this club was amazing. All the staff were walking out with a smile. There was lights shining everywhere and my favourite remix of Jason Derulo was thumping out the speakers. 

When I saw Frankie, I was in a daze staring through the crowd at her. Her hair was in loose curls and had simple make up on. She was wearing the gold dress from Girls Aloud "The Promise" video. Despite the heels on my boots, I ran at full pelt, Picked her up in my arms and spun her around holding her as tight as I possibly could. 

"You are so beautiful!" I shouted over the music.

She smiled widely and cuddled me harder.

As the night got late, Nick the DJ asked me up on stage. He started to play 'Fight For This Love' and lightly threw me a microphone over. By this time, everyone was crowding over the dancefloor staring at me with huge grins. My sister and my cousins were all bouncing on thier feet cheering me on. I knew what was coming next and I started shaking my head and laughing. I couldn't back out of it now. I had everyone's eyes on me. My face was burning up again. Mad butterflies and nerves flew around my tummy and thought that as soon as I opened my mouth, they were going to flutter out everywhere. Then I started to sing.

'Too much of anything can make you sick

Even the good can be a curse (curse)

Makes it hard to know which road to go down

Knowing too much can get you hurt'

Everyone was cheering at this point. Some couldn't believe that I was singing purely in tune, others were that hyped up about it, they were just bouncing up and down. But everyone still had thier eyes pinned on me. 

'Is it better, is it worse?

Are we sitting in reverse?

It's just like we're going backwards

I know where I want this to go

Driving fast but let's go slow

What I don't wanna do is crash, no'

'Just know that you're not in this thing alone

There's always a place in me you can call home

Whenever you feel like we're growing apart

Let's just go back, back, back, back

Back to the start. Oh'

I think everyone must have known what was about to happen next. But I didn't. As I gazed around the room, scanning through everyone. All their faces had even bigger grins and I could read thier excitement building up in thier eyes. But I didn't let it throw me. I just carried on singing..

'Anything that's worth having

Is sure enough, worth fighting for...'

That was it. That's all I could manage. the crowd started to part in the middle as some slim mysterious lady was walking towards me. Also, a microphone in her hand. She picked up where I had finished...

'Quitting's out of the question

When it gets tough

Gotta fight some more

We've gotta fight, fight, fight, fight

Fight for this love

We've gotta fight, fight, fight, fight

Fight for this love

We've gotta fight, fight, fight, fight

Fight for this love

If it's worth having

It's worth fighting for. Oh'

As she got closer. I knew EXACTLY who it was! Surely, my eyes were decieving me. 

"Happy Birthday pet!" She said smoothly into the microphone and winked at me.

My heart was in my mouth. As for who was standing right in front of me was THEE Cheryl Cole.