Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I had spent hours on the Xbox and I didn't even know. I was playing Call Of Duty, Need For Speed and Grand Theft Auto. My eyes had been fixed to the screen all day. I even forgot all about feeding myself. 

The only things that I had heard all day was sound effects from cars braking and pistols firing. Then I heard one noise that I wasn't quite familiar with yet.

'Ahem..?'

I turned round within an instant and found Cheryl stood at the door, her right hand resting on her hip whilst her left was gripping at the door frame. Oh boy, she didn't look happy. 

'Ah shit!' I whispered to myself as I was trying to find what words to come out with first. 'Cheryl I can explain...'

Was that all I could come out with? That was pathetic..

'Go on then..' Cheryl replied, hearing anger in her voice made me heat up within an instant. She was hot when she was mad. 

She had released her hands now and folded her arms across her chest raising an eyebrow as she waited. 

'To be honest Cheryl... I can't explain. I shouldn't snoop around your house but I'm a sucker for Xbox.' I put my head down in shame before walking upto the console and turning it off. 

'Yous think I'm mad cos yous found me games room?!' 

'Well err..' I hesitated.

'Nicole... as long as yous haven't scratched me discs I don't care. It's the fact you've probably done no work!'

'Yes I have!' I lied gritting my teeth.

'Okay then..show us!' She laughed sarcastically.

'Okay, no I haven't but--'

Cheryl slid her jacket off and hung it over the side before walking over to the mini fridge that I had only just noticed, pulling out two glass bottles of coke. 

'And I'm guessin' yous haven't watered yourself today?'

My face went bright red. 'I-I'm sorry Cheryl.'

'Yous have been a very naughty girl.' She giggled as she passed me a bottle. 

Cheryl had kicked off her killer heels before sprawling out on the sofa with her feet resting on my legs. So being nice, I started to rub them softly. She tilted her head back and started to sigh quietly. 

'I'm sure its my birthday, not yours.' I muttered.

'Well I didn't ask yous to do it.' Cheryl lifted her head up and smirked.

There were a few minutes of silence as I was thinking about whether or not I should talk to her about what my mum had spoke to me about earlier that day. 

Then I just blurted it out. I spoke that quick, I didn't have chance to breathe... 'I was on the phone to my mum today. I don't know whether I should have but I did. I told her what happened with Frankie. And I also told her about what's kinda changing between us. And she said that--'

'Woah Nic, calm down. I can't understand yous when you're goin' off like that!' Cheryl giggled.

She sat up instantly, looking deep into my eyes. Then taking my hand, she whispered 'Take a deep breath pet and start again..And this time make sure yous go slower.'

I hesitated trying to take Cheryl's advice, and started speaking again much slower. All I could see was Cheryl nodding her head and flashing sympathetic looks at me. After I had finally finished, she crawled right up to me, smirking as she knew that every flirtacious move she ever made, made me feel like I had a constant temperature.