Chapter 32

The geordie wandered close to me. I could feel her heart beating in rhythm with mine at twice the normal speed. I pulled away slightly as the fear got the better of me. My body shuddered as I had flashbacks from the night before. I was like a rabbit in front of headlights when she lifted her hand and I flinched. 

'Babe, I'm not goin' ta hurt yas. I made a huge mistake and I'm sorry Nicole.' Cheryl confessed. 

My body relaxed tremendously after the brunette had spoken and knew she wasn't still mad but I was still cautious. 

'Its me that needs to apologise. I should've never pushed all the wrong buttons.' I finally croaked after moments of finding my voice. 

'I do want ta know..' Cheryl started off quietly before adding 'But it's up ta yous ta tell me when yous are ready. I don't want ta know cos I'm nosey. I want ta know cos I genuinly love yas Nic and I want ta be there for yas whenever somethin' is wrong.' She explained carefully. 

'I know.'

The geordie took me by the waist and I flinched again slightly. She didn't react to my sudden movement but she did bury her head into my shoulder. I felt my shirt dampen and I knew by that point, Cheryl was crying. After seconds of her holding me tight, she started to cry more uncontrollably. 

'Please don't cry.' I pleased. It hurt me to see her cry sso much, especially when I know its me that's done it to her. 

'I'm as bad as her aren't I?' Cheryl almost protested. 

'No! And I don't want to catch you saying that again. You're nothing in comparison to that bitch! How you reacted last night was normal. You didn't beat me up, you didn't force me to do drugs and you certainly didn't laugh at me expense.' I bit my lip before I started dragging up the past in anger. 

Cheryl pulled back slightly, just enough to see my now frustrated face and planted a kiss on my lips. 'Don't think about it gorgeous, I'm sorry. Why don't yas go back ta bed? I'll bring yas a nice cuppa, a couple of painkillers and a curly wurly from me secret stash.'  The geordie's smile was back on show and I had missed it miserably. 

Fifteen minutes later I heard gentle footsteps coming up the stairs and heading to the guest room I had recently spent the night in. When she realised I wasn't there, I heard the geordie's footsteps pace a lot quicker towards her bedroom. Lying in her bed facing the door, I waited for the expression that would be painted upon her beautiful natural face. The brunette kicked the door back as she had both of her hands full. Her left hand was carrying two cups of tea, her right hand was carrying a box of paracetamol and she had two curly wurly's hanging out of her mouth. I could just about see her amazing dimples as she was smiling at the sight of me snuggled in her bed with the quiltup to my neck. 

'Why do yas have ta be so cute?! Yas killin' us!' Cheryl beamed. 

'Wow.. I even look cute when I'm feeling sick as a dog.' I chuckled.

When Cheryl heard my last comment, her face dropped to seriousness and marched quickly towards the bedside drawers, dropping everything aimlessly in attempt to come to my rescue.