Chapter 12

Chapter 12

'Nicole...Nic...are you ok?' I heard a voice whisper gently.

I lifted my head way too quick, it was pounding. Where the hell was I? and what the hell happened to me? I raised my hands to my head as I slowly laid back down on the extremely comfortable mattress. 

'Its ok pet. Am here.' I heard the voice speak again.

I didn't say a word. I just looked around the room. The walls were a deep red colour, and there were pictures everywhere, hung up with pins and blu tack. I couldn't see who of, my vision was still blurry. It was an immaculate room, nothing out of place. I peered at the floor as much as I could and saw that the carpet was a warm cream colour with a deep red rug in the middle of the large space. Wardrobes, cupboards, shelves were all white and polished till they were gleaming. I've never seen this room in my life.

I turned over to see who was perched on my arm, and had a shock of my life to see Cheryl sat at my side with tears in her eyes. Then it all came back to me. What Frankie did, how I reacted to it. Suddenly, I felt that it was me to blame yet again. 

'Can you speak babe?' 

'Y-yeah, just.' I slurred.

Cheryl just smiled but still had the sad sympathetic look upon her face that didn't want to budge anywhere. 

'Look... I'm sorry Cheryl, I didn't mean to do what I did. It's just how I react. And--'

Cheryl put her finger on my lips to stop me from speaking. 'Na. Don't you dare apologise for what happened today! Frankie was in the wrong! Not yous.' she scowled as she took her finger away from my lips. 'As for Kimberley, she shouldn't have reacted. She should have pushed her off. She knew yous were a couple. And I--' She cut off by sighing and then carried on, quieter this time. 'I never knew, yous know... that Kimberley liked girls.'

She looked sad and betrayed. I couldn't help myself. I forced myself upright and pulled her into a tight cuddle. 'Well I guess we got eachother right.' 

'Yeah.' She smiled, breaking out of the cuddle. 

I looked down and started to play with the tie on my waist band of my joggers. 'Ever since my ex did what she did, alcohol has always been my answer.' 

I looked up at her and she was staring at me. 'Now I can be! When yous need someone...am here. So instead of pickin' up that bloody vodka, yous talk to us right?' 

I nodded. 'I'm not a bad person Cheryl...It was just my way out of things.' 

'I didn't say yous were' She smirked, wiping the tears from my eyes.

'I felt like it was my fault, that's why--'

'And you think this is your fault too, don't you?' she cut me off again raising an eyebrow.