Movie

"Hey y/n!" My best friend Hayes said as I walked into his house. We have been best friends for a while now and hang out almost everyday. I've started to have feelings for him a little while ago and things have been pretty awkward between us. I don't want our friendship to get messed up.
"Hey." I smiled.
There was an awkward pause.
"So, um, what do you want to do?"
"Anything's fine." I said.
"We could watch a movie if that's okay with you." Hayes said as you two walked down the stairs into his basement.
"Yeah, sure."
"This one's my favorite, Catching Fire."
"Okay sure let's watch it." We sat down on the couch and watched the movie in silence. Things didn't feel the same anymore after I started liking him. I didn't know what to say anymore, or how to act around him.
"What's up with you lately?" Hayes said quickly.
"What do you mean?"
"You've been acting really strange lately. You're not acting like yourself." Hayes turned toward me.
"Well, um, I've just been kinda tired."
"You sure? It's been so awkward between us for the past few weeks and I want to know what's going on" Hayes lowered his eyebrows a bit.
My face started to get red. "It's nothing."
Hayes moved closer toward me. "Tell me. I'll listen."
His Caribbean blue eyes were looking deep into my eyes. He really wanted to know what was going on. I wanted to tell him how I feel, but would of it ruins our friendship? Would if he doesn't like me and just wants to stay friends? Or would if he likes me?
"Uh.." I began, "I...uh."
Hayes put his hand on my hand. "Is something wrong?"
I found it strange that he touched my hand like that. He's never done that. He's never sat this close to me and he's never looked deep into my eyes. I think it's time to tell him.
But I couldn't get the words out.
"I...um_"
I was cut off with an abrupt kiss. Hayes grabbed my face in the palm of his hands. I wrapped my arms around him. I really felt the sparks fly around us. It was a weird feeling to be kissing my best guy friend, but at the same time, I was so happy. We kissed for several more seconds until it pulled away.
"I don't know." I said quickly.
"Don't know what?" Hayes said, holding my hand.
"What's really going on."
"Well that's what I was trying to ask you." Hayes said.
"But then you kissed me."
"Yeah?"
"Why?"
"Because I like you," Hayes sighed. "I didn't know how to tell you."
"So you kissed me."
"Yeah, basically."
"Well, um, it was a good kiss."
"Thanks, I'm known for my amazing kisses." Hayes smirked.
I laughed. "You see, I've really liked you for a while now. That's what I was trying to tell you but I couldn't get the words out. I was so nervous."
"Why were you so nervous?"
"Because I didn't want you to not end up liking me and our friendship would become ruined." I looked down.
"Hey," Hayes said and lifted my face toward him. "Our friendship will never get ruined."
"I was just nervous. That's why I've been acting so weird."
"Well" Hayes put his arm around me."Now you don't have to be nervous anymore."
"I know." I smiled softly.
"Because I really like you, and I don't want you to ever feel nervous or awkward around me."
"Okay."
Hayes pulled me in for a hug.
"So, do you think we should go on an actual date or something soon? Maybe to the actual movie theater this weekend."
We pulled away. I looked at the TV and realized that I totally forgot that the movie was still played. "I'd love to."
"Can't wait." Hayes said, giving me a soft kiss.