Locks

*Nia's POV*

"Paris is so beautiful." My boyfriend Hayes said as he held my hand. We've been together for 3 years and we're 26. Right now, we are in Paris and this has been the most beautiful vacation of my life.

"I know. It's amazing." I said. "Ooh! Look it's the wall of locks!"

I ran to the wall and searched in my bag.

Hayes giggled. "What're you doing?"

"Getting my lock. I came prepared." I laughed and kept searching through my bag until I pulled out a goldish-brownish lock. "Shall we?"

"I've been wanting to do this for so long. Can I write it?" Hayes asked. I handed him the lock and he scribble something on it. "Okay. You can lock it. Read it first to make sure I didn't make any mistakes."

I grabbed it and read it. It said:
"Hayes and Nia Grier? It could be possible if you say yes. Will you marry me?"

I snapped my head at Hayes, shocked. Hayes got down on one knee. "Nia, these three years have been amazing. You're beautiful and I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me"

I started to tear up. "Yes! A million times yes!" I kissed Hayes passionately and hugged him right. "I love you so much."

I was crying, and my hand shook as Hayes slid a beautiful diamond ring on my finger. I kissed Hayes again and then we locked our lock on the wall. I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.