Nash or Hayes?

*Hailey's POV*

"So what should we do?" I asked my best friend Hayes.

"We can go to the lake later." Hayes offered. I nodded and smiled. The door opened.

"Hey bro you said you were going to the lake?" Hayes's brother Nash asked. I got butterflies in my stomach. I've liked Nash for so long. We're only a year apart anyways.

"Yeah later. And why were you listening to our conversation?" Hayes said.

"I don't know." Nash stared at me and smiled. My heart began to race and I bit my lip and smiled a little. Hayes noticed and looked over at me and then Nash.

"I think Hailey and I can just go to the lake alone later. You don't have to come Nash." Hayes said awkwardly.

"Nash can come." I said and looked at Nash. Hayes looked down and took a deep breath.

"Fine."

Later at the lake, the three of us walked down. I set a lounge chair near the shore and decided to tan a little as Hayes and Nash were in the water.

"Hailey come in!" Hayes yelled. I got up and ran into the lake. It was freezing. Hayes splashed me and I splashed him back.

"Attack her!" Hayes yelled. I felt two arms wrap around my waist from behind me and lift me up and spin me around. Nash. I giggled and felt Hayes stop splashing me. Nash put me down. A small wave came and pushed me toward Nash. We became face to face.

"You're so beautiful." Nash said inches away from my face, and I can feel his hot breath on my lips. I didn't say anything. I was so in shock. Nash leaned in and started to kiss me passionately. I went along with it. I've been waiting for this moment for so long. I pulled away and grinned. I turned around to find Hayes, standing there, with his face red and a few tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Hayes are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm gonna go back home." Hayes said quickly and turned around. I grabbed his wrist.

"What's going on?"

"You just kissed Nash!" Hayes yelled.

"Yeah, so?"

"Hailey! It hurts for me to see that! I've liked you for years and now you're kissing my brother."

"Hayes..I-I didn't realize.." I said nervously and looked at Nash.

"It's all your fault Nash!" Hayes yelled and jumped for Nash, I jumped in between them. Hayes pushed past me and started to wrestle Nash.

"Guys, stop!" I yelled. Nash threw off Hayes and got up.

"Dude! What the hell!" Nash yelled.

"Why do you have to freaking like Hailey?! Huh? You don't even realize my feelings for her!" Hayes yelled so loud.

"H-Hailey? Do you like Hayes as much as he likes you?" Nash asked. I used to like Hayes a long time ago, but now I don't. I've liked Nash for a long time now. But I guess in general I'm always crushing on Hayes.

"I...uh,"

"Who's the winner, Hailey? Me or Nash?" Hayes asked madly.

"C'mon guys don't make me choose." I said.

"Hailey." Nash said sternly and crossed his arms.

I took a deep breath. "Hayes, I'm sorry, but I've never thought of you anything more than a friend. I'm sorry. I hope your okay with that. And Nash, I've had such strong feelings for you for so long."

I saw Nash smile and look down, and Hayes fired up with anger.

"I can't freaking believe you." Hayes gritted his teeth and sprinted back home. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I just lost my best friend.

"Don't worry, Hailey. He'll be okay." Nash said softly and pulled me in for a hug.

"Thanks, Nash."

"So is it true? You've liked me for so long?"

"Yep. For 2 years." I said nervously.

"Same here. You're beautiful. So beautiful." Nash tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. I giggled as he lifted me up and kissed me. Everything was perfect. Well, almost.