Nash Imagine

PART 2
*Amanda's POV*

"Life is scary." Nash looked down. "All of us shameless Indigents living in fear. We have no chance against the Opulents."

"Yeah," I looked down too.

We've been in the underground room for over a week now. We have plenty of food, get plenty of sleep, and we're safe so far.

"How long do you think this is going to happen? Like the war?" I asked softly.

"A really, really long time."

I heard a knock on the doors leading into the ground. It was vigorous knocks. I looked at Nash, his blue eyes turned to a more blue-gray.

"What was that?"

"I...don't know." Nash said slowly.

I slowly got up and went to my dad. "Dad? What was that?"

"Shhh," he whispered and pulled me down. I looked over, confused at Nash. He kept looking forward, his face looking very pale. The knocks continued. And then a huge force was pushing against the door.

"People are in here!" A man yelled from outside. All of us looked at each other in fear. The Opulents found us. My dad slowly got up and led me and Ella to a small closet, we squeezed in. Nash was the only person that saw us go in there, so he came in too. It was just the four of us. Hidden in a small closet that no one would find. We heard a burst outside. People screaming and guns shooting. I winced in fear and started to silently cry. I couldn't see anything. It was so dark. I felt someone's arms wrap around me. I looked up and all I could see was Nash's blue eyes. I leaned against him, and felt safe in his arms.

The rage went on for a long time. Everyone else was killed, except for us. We heard a man say that they should go and we heard the doors slam shut. I sighed of relief. My dad slowly opened the closet door and everything was silent. Dead people were lying everywhere. Blood was everywhere. I looked at Nash. He was kneeling next to two of the bodies, sobbing.

I kneeled next to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "A-are you okay?"

"This was my mom and dad." Nash cried into my shoulder. I rubbed his back.

"Losing a parent is hard." I said softly. "I lost my mom a long time ago."

Nash didn't say anything. He kept crying.

"I'm so sorry, Nash." My dad said. "Thank God that you came in that closet with us. You would've been killed."

Nash started to cry more. I hugged him tight. Ella was crying too. She was horrified by all of the bodies.

"We have to get out of here." My father suddenly said.

Nash and I looked up from our hug. "Why?"

"The Opulents know that people are hiding in here. They're going to find us." My dad said nervously. "Let's go."

"Now?"

"Now."

Nash kissed his parents and got up. We gathered our belongings and slowly opened the door. No one was in sight.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Australia."

"What?" I said.

"We live on the Pacific coast. If we secretly get a plane or boat, we can make it there safely."

"But would if the Opulents take over Australia?" Nash asked.

"That won't happen for a while." My dad said. He started walking fast, and we followed.