Rain

*Valerie's POV*

"Hayes! You invite me over to hangout and when I come you're kissing this random girl every time!" I yelled at my best friend Hayes. I'm tired of Hayes's shit. He has a new girlfriend every few weeks. We've been best friends since forever, and his girlfriends are always coming between us.

"Im sorry." Hayes stuttered.

"This has been going on for too long now. All of these girls have been ruining our friendship. I-I'm sorry Hayes but, I think we should give our friendship a break." I started to tear up.

"What_"

"I have to go." I said quickly, grabbing my phone and running out of Hayes's house.

"Valerie wait!"

I started running. It was pouring outside. My tears were pouring too. Our friendship hasn't been the same. And it will never be again. I kept running when someone grabbed my wrist, spun me around, and started to kiss me passionately. As we were kissing, I opened my eyes quickly to see...

Hayes.

My eyes widened. I pulled away. "What the hell Hayes! Am I your next victim?"

"Valerie you don't understand_"

"I do. I completely understand. You just like hopping from one girl to another. You just like ruining our friendship." I cried.

"Valerie, listen_"

"No I'm not_"

Hayes cut me off with another kiss. I pulled away abruptly.

"Stop it! Friends don't kiss like this!" I yelled. "Hayes, our friendship is over. Kissing me is not going to help anything!"

"Can I explain, please."

"Fine. You have one minute."

"Val, I've been dating all those girls because...well...you're too hard to get. And I thought maybe if I date all these girls, I'll get your attention and you'll want to date me. I've liked you for a long time. And now our friendship is at stake. It's all my fault. I'm sorry." Hayes cried.

"So...your point is? 30 seconds left, Grier." I raised my eyebrows.

"I...love you."

My eyes widened. "Oh..."

"I'm sorry."

"N-no don't be sorry." I said slowly.

Hayes looked down. "I'm such a fool for saying that."

I lifted his chin up. "No you're not. Hayes, I've been so angry lately because I've been jealous. You did get my attention."

Hayes's eyes turned to a brighter blue. "Y-you like me too?"

"I've loved you for so long." I blushed.

Hayes pulled me in and kissed me passionately in the pouring rain. And that's the moment when I realized that I've actually loved him since the beginning, and that I care about him and our friendship.