Love at first sight

*Lauren's POV*

I sat in the airport, waiting for my flight back to North Carolina. I felt someone sit next to me. It was weird because there were so many available seats, but this person chose to sit right in the chair next to me.

I turned and smiled slightly.

"Hi." He said.

"Hey." I said shyly.

"Going to North Carolina?"

"Yep."

"Me too. I'm Hayes." He smiled. He had a nice smile. He was really cute.

"I'm Lauren."

"Nice to meet such a pretty girl like you."

I blushed. "Thank you."

"Flight 539 to Charlotte is now boarding." The announcer said.

Hayes and I grabbed our suitcases and went onto the plane. I sat down in my row. Hayes sat next to me.

"Oh...hey." I laughed.

"I guess fate brought us together." Hayes smiled. I laughed nervously. He was kinda weird, but I liked him.

The flight actually went really well. It was 3 hours and we got to really know each other well. We were able to talk about anything and even have like deep conversations about life.

"Don't you ever feel like it's so hard to meet people's expectations." I said quietly.

"My life in one sentence." Hayes sighed. "My parents want me to play football all the time. I never feel good enough. They put so much pressure on me. It causes me to do bad in school."

I frowned. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be."

"That's how it's like for me. Everything's about soccer, soccer, and soccer."

Hayes changed the subject. "Isn't it weird to think that the person you love is walking on the planet somewhere?"

I thought about it for a second and giggled. "Yeah, I guess it is."

"And would if she's sitting right next to me right now?"

I looked at the person next to Hayes. It was an old lady in her eighties.

"Her?" I said, disgusted.

"No you, silly."

"Oh..." I blushed. We've only known each other for a little over three hours and we love each other already.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have said that, Lauren. I'm so stupid."

"I-love you too." I said quickly.

"Oh...wow." Hayes's face lit up.

"I guess we can say love at first sight."

"I guess we could." Hayes smiled and kissed me. It didn't feel like I was kissing a stranger. But it felt like i was kissing someone I've known forever.