Break Up Make Up

*Kayla's POV*

I haven't been myself lately.

Ever since my ex-boyfriend Hayes and I broke up last week, I've been crying and upset. I go to school and go straight to my room after and stay there until I go to sleep. I don't eat dinner. And if I do, I eat it alone in my room.

Hayes broke up with me because he felt like having a girlfriend was too much at the moment. He wanted to focus on the fans. I haven't talked to him since that day we broke up.

*FLASHBACK*

"What I'm trying to say is that I don't think we should be together anymore."

I had to process this. "What?! Why?" Hayes and I have been together for six months and everything was going so well. I don't know what made him decide this.

"I-I feel like...this is too much. With you all over me and I have to handle you and the fans. It's just too much."

"What am I your dog or something? You have to HANDLE me? And I'm not all over you. I'm your girlfriend. Why are you saying this?" I cried.

"I just feel like having a girlfriend is too much work right now. I want to focus on the fans." Hayes said quietly.

"But I thought you loved me_"

"I do. But for now, as friends. Okay?" Hayes took my hands. I shook him off.

"No I'm not okay! You're not explaining this the right way! You're making no sense. Why can't you have a famous AND personal life?" I cried.

"I_"

"All you care about is to be famous, and be the greatest person and for everyone to see you as great. You don't care about anyone but yourself." I yelled. I'm so mad. All he cares about is being famous. Why can't he be my boyfriend AND be famous at the same time? Is it really that hard?

"Kayla, listen_"

"I'm not going to listen. I can't even look at you!"

And I ran out crying my eyes out.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

My phone buzzed with a text from Hayes.

Hayes: Kayla we need to talk

I rolled my eyes and shut my phone off. I love him so much, and it's making me sick to think that we're not together anymore.

Hayes: Kayla?
Hayes: r u there?
Hayes: let's talk abt this
Hayes: can we meet up rn
Hayes: I'm sorry but u can't keep ignoring me
Hayes: kaylaaaaaa

My phone was buzzing like crazy. Let's just talk about this and get it over with.

Me: Okay fine come over
Hayes: now?
Me: ya

A few minutes later I heard a knock on my bedroom door. I yelled that it's open and Hayes walked into my room.

"Look Kayla I've been thinking_"

"Yeah, so have I! I haven't eaten, slept, or come out of this room this whole week. I've been crying all day every day because of you." I started to tear up.

"I-I'm so sorry. I don't know what to say..." Hayes put his arm around me. "But I've been thinking and I regret what I said so much. I'm so freaking stupid to let you go like that. I love you. So much. I'm in love with you. And I made the hugest mistake last week. Please forgive me."

I started to cry into Hayes's shoulder. "I love you so much and I've been so hurt this week. I'll forgive you."

Hayes and I hugged for a few minutes.

"So do you think you can...give me a second chance?" Hayes asked softly. I looked up at his soft blue eyes and took a deep breath.

".....yes. But we have to take our relationship seriously."

"Yes, yes definitely. I promise you. I love you so much Kayla." Hayes kissed me.

"I love you too."