Horsies with Sky

*Marian's POV*

"Hey do you want to do something today? Like go to the beach?" I asked my boyfriend Hayes on the phone.

"I can't," Hayes groaned. "I'm stuck watching Skylynn all day."

"Oh. Do you need help?"

I heard a little girl yelling at Hayes and something break. "Yeah.." Hayes said slowly.

"I'll be right over." I said as I grabbed my bag and slipped on my white converse. I walked to Hayes's house and rang the doorbell.

Hayes, with Skylynn on his back answered. Skylynn was attacking him from behind. "Oh hey babe."

I laughed. "What is going on here?"

"Hayes is not playing horsies with me. And I attacked him. Because he's mean. And I don't like mean people." Skylynn said. I looked at Hayes and giggled. Hayes giggled too and rolled his eyes.

Hayes put Skylynn down. "I don't play horsies. Only Nash does."

"I'll play horsies with you." I said. Skylynn's face lit up as she grabbed my hand and led me to her room which was full with toy horses. Sky sat down on the floor and gave me a small pink horse.

"This is your horsie. Her name is Marian. I named her after you." Skylynn said as she carried a small barn over onto the floor.

"Aw, Sky that's so cute." I said. We played horsies for a while and then Hayes appeared at the doorway.

"Sky, it's your naptime." Hayes said.

Sky crossed her arms. "Fine." Hayes lifted her up and tucked her into her bed. He kissed her on the forehead.

"Goodnight. See you in a few hours." He said softly.

"Goodnight." Sky whispered. Hayes turned off the lights. He pulled me in the hallway and kissed me passionately.

"I can't thank you enough for playing with Sky. You're amazing with kids, Mari."

"You're so welcome." I said. "Oh, and actually, horsies are kinda fun."

"I love you babe." Hayes kissed my nose. I scrunched my nose and giggled.

"I love you too."