Surprise

*Annie's POV*
My phone buzzed. It was a text from my boyfriend, Hayes. We've been dating for over a year. I grabbed my phone.

Hayes: Babe look out your window

I peered out the window and didn't see anything.

Annie: are u hiding in my backyard lol

Hayes: nope keep looking

I scanned the backyard and saw a piece of paper on the big oak tree. It said, "come outside and go to your porch." I'm really confused. I put on my shoes and ran to the porch.

I saw another piece of paper that said, "turn around." I turned around and saw another piece of paper on the wall.
"I bet you're really confused but it's all worth it. Go to your front yard."

What on earth is Hayes up to? He's making me run around my yard like an idiot. I ran to my front yard and saw another piece of paper on a tree with a box underneath it. The paper said, "open the box and put on what's inside there. It'll look cute on you."

I opened the box slowly and carefully incase something explosive was in there and found a cute floral dress. I smiled. I ran upstairs and put on the dress.

I texted Hayes.

Annie: I have the dress on. what are u up to, grier?

Hayes: you'll see. check the tag on your dress.

I checked the tag on my dress and it said, "check in front of your garage."

I sighed and ran downstairs to the garage. This boy is having me run everywhere. I found Hayes's pennyboard in front of my garage and it had a post it that said, "go to the park!"

I picked up the skateboard and skated down the street to the park. Hayes and I always skateboard together. He actually taught me. I got to the park and looked around. It was hard to see because the sun was setting. I found Hayes sitting on a bench.

"Hey you," I smiled.

Hayes bright blue eyes bulged. "You look...beautiful." He stood up and gave me a soft kiss.

I blushed. "You could've just asked me to meet you here instead of making me run around my yard like an idiot."

"Hey, everyone needs a little adventure in their life. Don't hate." Hayes giggled.

"No, I thought it was adorable and creative."

Hayes smiled and took my hand. He led me to a tree where there was a picnic set up and one candle.

"Hayes this is...amazing. You're amazing." I said, astonished about how beautiful this scenery was.

"I knew you'd love it. Sit." Hayes sat down and I sat too. He made little sandwiches and cookies. They were so good. We talked and laughed about everything. I couldn't believe how perfect this date was.

"Annie?"

"Yeah?"

Hayes looked at me with his shocking blue eyes. "I love you."

I couldn't believe he just said that. I love you. Those three words change everything. Three words and eight letters.

I blushed. "Hayes, I love you too."

Hayes blushed too. "You do?"

"Of course I do."

Hayes leaned in and kissed me. We kissed for a while and enjoyed this perfect date. Nothing could be more perfect.