Sing

*Jenna's POV*

The first day at a new school was horrible. Absolutely horrible. No one spoke to me, no one looked at me. I started to tear up as I dialed to call my mom to pick me up.

"Mom? Can you pick me up?"

"I'm running really late. There's so much traffic. Can you hang in there for thirty minutes?"

I sighed and pushed back my hair. "Yeah."

"Love you."

"Love you." I puffed and ended the call. I walked through the empty hallways and found a room with a piano. I smiled for the first time today and went inside. I've been singing my whole life. I excitedly sat down at the piano and started to sing Habits by Tove Lo.

"Wow. You have an amazing voice."
I heard from behind me.

I jerked up and stopped playing. I looked down for a second. Then I turned around to see a really cute boy standing in the doorway.

"Um, thanks." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Are you new here?" The boy asked.

"Yeah."

"I'm Hayes. How was your first day?" Hayes said and walked into the room.

"I'm Jenna," I said. "And it wasn't the best."

"I'm sorry." Hayes looked down. "It's nice to meet you, Jenna."

"You too."

"What song were you singing?" Hayes asked and sat down on the piano bench next to me.

I blushed a little. I've never talked to a guy this much. "Habits. By Tove Lo."

"Well, Jenna, I have to say, you sang this Habits song beautifully." Hayes gave me a smile.

I smiled back. "Thanks."

We were silent for a few seconds until Hayes suddenly said, "What made your day so bad?"

I bit my lip nervously. "I don't know, uh, I guess people just didn't talk to me or look at me."

Hayes lowered his eyebrows. "I'm surprised. You're so beautiful , how can they ignore you like that?"

I blushed and tried not to smile. "Y-yeah I don't know."

"Do you want to go on a date with me on Friday?" Hayes said suddenly and quickly.

I shot my head up. "M-me?"

Hayes looked around and giggled. "Well you're the only other person in this room so..."

"I'd love to." I giggled too.

I felt an unfamiliar pair of lips collide with mine. Hayes and I kissed for a little while, but then my phone buzzed and interrupted. I pulled away and looked down at my phone.

"Ooh shoot my mom's here." I texted my mom back and turned my phone off. I locked my eyes with Hayes's.

"So...um, see you tomorrow?" Hayes stood up quickly.

"Yeah," I smiled. "See you tomorrow."