Sweet 16

*Mari's POV*

"Smile!"

I smiled as I took a bunch of photos during my Sweet 16. I'm wearing a long nude colored dress with jewels on the top that have a rainbow tint when the light shines on them. My hair is curled and is half up half down. I felt like a princess. I saw my best friend Nash walk into the party and I ran up to him and wrapped my arms around him. He lifted me up and spun me around.

"Ahh! You're here!" I said.

Nash put me down and looked at me with amazement. "Wow Mari, you look...gorgeous."

I spun around. "Why thank ya, trash."

Nash laughed. "Hey, don't call me that."

Later, I slow-danced with my dad alone in the middle of the dance floor. It was such a great moment. Then, a bunch of couples joined us on the dance floor.

My dad pulled away from me and said, "Find a cute boy to dance with now."

I laughed. "Dad you're so embarrassing!"

My dad walked away. Nash slowly walked toward me.

"Hey, you." I said.

"Wanna dance with me, Cinderella?"

"Sure, Prince Charming." I giggled and wrapped my arms around Nash's shoulders. "More like Beauty and the Beast."

"You're the Beast?"

I leaned my head back and laughed. "Hate you."

"I'm kidding. You look so beautiful though." Nash looked me in the eyes.

"Thanks, you look pretty fine yourself."

"I know, I know." Nash blushed.

I leaned my forehead against Nash's. "This is honestly the best night of my life."

"I can make it better." Nash said softly and leaned in to kiss me. I felt like our lips fitted perfectly together. I felt something good between us. I bit my lip and smiled.

"Be my girlfriend?" Nash asked with his forehead against mine. It felt so weird to have your guy best friend asking you to be his girlfriend, but I've always had a crush on Nash.

"I'd love to."

Nash kissed me softly again. This night couldn't be any better.