Nash Imagine

PART ONE
*Amanda's POV*
Welcome to the year 2153, where life is completely different from the past. We live in a world of two worlds. The Opulents are the richest people, they live in the eastern hemisphere of what used to be Europe and Asia. And then there's me, shamelessly placed in the world of the Indigents, the poor group of what used to be the Americas. Life isn't easy. The Opulents are very aggressive. They're always threatening us. We have a lot of tension with them. However us Indigents are peaceful, but struggling for survival. We always send tribute to Africa and Australia, the two continents that are somewhat stable, but on the verge of being changed into Opulents or Indigents. That's why we send tribute. We want them on our side.

I live in a small and isolated house with my Dad and younger sister Ella. My mother died during child birth seven years ago. I spend my days studying for two hours a day, and farming the rest. We get our food from the fields and the animals. The Opulents eat whatever they want. They don't have to farm. They eat this stuff called cupcakes and cookies. I've heard that the food they eat is wonderland, an extravagant fantasy.

Today is a hot, June day. My studies are over until September. I've been on the field all day, planting corn and pumpkin for the fall. It's been a peaceful day, until I heard a loud boom. My head shot up and I looked around, nothing was in sight. I went back to farming. I heard another boom. My heart began to beat out of my chest. I ran back to the house.

"D-dad is everything okay?" I asked nervously as I quickly closed the door. My dad sat on the couch next to a small radio, with no expression on his face. He didn't say anything.

"Dad? I asked you a question..." I trailed off. I sat next to him. "Tell me what is going on, I heard a loud noise outside."

My dad took a deep, yet shaky breath. "Amanda, we have to get out of here. Right now."

"What is going on?"

My dad burst up and grabbed a bag, filling it with all the food we have. Ella came running in, panicked.

"Dad, tell me what is going on!" I cried.

"Now's not a good time! Get all of your personal belongings as fast as possible!" My dad yelled. We heard another loud boom.

I sprinted to my room and scanned it. I grabbed clothes, shoes, hairbrush, everything. I was about to leave the room when I looked back, and realized I almost forgot a picture of me and my mom. I grabbed it and ran out of my room.

Ella was in the kitchen with her bag, crying her eyes out. "Daddy, I'm scared!"

"Follow me!" My dad yelled. We ran after him, hearing constant booms outside. We ran to an area of a bunch of small cottages. My dad ran to a pile of bushes and dug under them to find a door into the ground. He opened it and pushed us in there. Going in last, he shut the door. We sat down, panting, crying, sweating.

"Thank you, God." My dad cried. "Thank you."

"Dad, tell me now what just happened." I demanded. "Why did we leave like that? Why did I have to take all my belongings? What the hell is going on?"

"The Opulents are taking over. This is about to be a huge war. The biggest of them all. We have to stay here for a while. We'll be safe here. I promise."

My heart sank. I started to cry. I buried my head in my knees. I was shaking. I looked up to see a lot of people, maybe 20, looking at me.

"Who are you all?" I sniffed. "Are you Opulents? Are you going to kill me?"

"No, sweetie. These are the people of the Hillside Cottage area. They're safe with us. We're all going to stay here together." My dad comforted me. I shook him off.

I got up and went to an area of the underground room that was far from everyone. It was pretty big, maybe 100 square feet in total. I sat in the corner for hours, confused and crying. After a while, a shadow grew on me. I looked up.

"Crying isn't going to help." A boy said.

"I can cry when I want to." I looked away.

The boy sat next to me. "Alright, go ahead. But it's not gonna do anything. Don't worry about it. We're safe here."

I looked at him. He had the brightest blue eyes I've seen in my whole life. He had a lighter brown hair that was brushed up.

"I'm Nash." He smiled.

"Amanda." I said quietly.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys so this is part one of the big imagine for you! Pretty intense and interesting, right? I kinda love it. Hope you guys are ready for some intense stuff to happen in the next few parts!