Friends or More?

I didn't want you guys to wait too long so I'm writing this at the pool rn 😊

*Hailey's POV*

I'm buried my face in my arms, sobbing my eyes out. My ex-boyfriend Jake just cheated on me. We were together for three months but it felt like more. I sat alone on a chair in my backyard crying when I heard the gate creak open.

"Hailey, you okay?" My best friend Hayes asked me.

I sniffed. "N-no."

"Aw come here." Hayes pulled me in for a hug. "He's a jerk."

"I hate him so much." I cried into his shoulder. "I can't believe he did that."

"You deserved so much better." Hayes pulled away and looked down. "You're better than that."

"Thanks, Hayes. You're the best."

My phone buzzed and it was a text from Jake.

Jake: hey let's talk right now. I don't want us to break up. Let's work this out

I showed Hayes the text and he shook his head.

"I have to go talk to Jake. Maybe we can work this out." I got up. Hayes took my wrist and spun me around to kiss me.

We pulled away from each other. "I don't want him to hurt you again. Stay here with me." Hayes said.

I nodded my head slowly. "Okay."

We sat down quietly for a few minutes. I felt Hayes staring at me.

"I-I'm sorry I kissed you before. I couldn't help it." Hayes said nervously.

"No it's fine. Don't worry about it."

"It's just that you're so beautiful and I can't stand to see you hurt. It makes me so upset." Hayes said.

I looked at Hayes and smiled. "That was so sweet of you to say that."

"I really like you, Hailey."

"Oh.."

"I'm sorry." Hayes blushed.

"Hayes it's fine." I laughed. "I like you too. You're always here for me and you care about me so much. Jake probably never felt that way."

Hayes giggled and took my hands. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"I'd love to." I smiled and kissed Hayes softly on the lips.