Dating Friend's Ex

*Mikayla's POV*

"Im so excited for the party!" I said to my friend Jordan as we walked to a summer party for our grade.

"Me too!" She smiled. We walked into the house and people were scattered everywhere. My eye caught onto Hayes Grier, my boyfriend. I haven't told Jordan I'm dating him yet. It's kind of bad considering he is Jordan's ex, but Jordan and I just met this year.

Hayes stopped talking to his friends and focused on me. He walked over.

"Why is Hayes coming toward us?" Jordan asked nervously.

I turned red. "Umm.."

"Hey babe." Hayes put his arm around me and kissed my cheek as he pulled me closer to him.

"Hey," I gave him a small smile. I looked over at Jordan, who looked so uncomfortable.

"Mikayla..." Jordan said slowly. "What the hell is going on with you and Hayes?"

"We're dating," Hayes answered instead. "Why do you have a problem with that?"

That was stupid, Hayes. Hayes really doesn't like Jordan because she cheated on him, though she still kind of has feelings for him.

Jordan's face flushed red. "M-Mikayla...I thought we were friends, why are you dating my...ex?"

I didn't know what to say. I liked Hayes for a long time, even when Jordan and Hayes were dating last year. I didn't even know Jordan at the time.

"I always had feelings for Hayes. Even before we met." I said.

"But still...it's kind of pathetic move...you can't just date my ex like that."

"Yeah, but I can do whatever I want because it's my life and not yours." I said a little too loudly.

"Yeah but it's so stupid of you. Use your freaking brain." Jordan raised her voice. My jaw dropped a little.

"Jordan. Please leave." Hayes said, his eyes turning a bluish-grey. His eyes turn that color when he's angry.

"How can you say that to me?!" I cried.

"How can you date my ex behind my back!" Jordan fired. I tried to jump out at her but Hayes pulled me back.

"Mikayla...don't." He whispered in my ear. I pulled away from Hayes and glared at Jordan as she left the party.

"Holy shit." I muttered.

"Babe don't worry. She's just really jealous." Hayes put his arms around my waist.

"B-but she_"

"I said to not worry. She can't do anything about us. I can't help loving you." Hayes said inches from my face.

"Thanks for helping me out before."

"Anything for my girl." Hayes leaned in and kissed me passionately. I looked at him teary-eyed.

"I feel bad. For Jordan."

"Don't even feel bad. Dating an ex is not as bad as cheating like she did." Hayes said. I nodded as he kissed my cheek. "Let's get out of here and go to my house so we can watch a movie."

"I'd so rather do that than be here." I said as Hayes grabbed my hand as we left the party.