Beach

*Kaitlyn's POV*

"So, who's up for some manhunt?"

Me and about 15 kids from my grade cheered as we all sat on the beach. Today's the first day of summer, so my friend Cate invited me to a small beach get together. We got divided into teams and then met up with our teams.

"Okay, so here's the plan. We get half of you to go on one side of the beach and half on the other. Okay?" Cate said.

We all nodded. My half went to our side. I was on the same team as Hayes Grier, the boy I've liked for so long. I'm so excited to be on his team. Maybe I'll actually get to talk to him.

"What's your name?"

I turned my head quickly. "Me?"

"Yeah." Hayes said. "Your name?"

"Oh, Kaitlyn."

"I knew it! I wasn't sure if it was Katie or Kaitlyn. I didn't want to call you the wrong name." Hayes said.

I laughed nervously and say down on the sand.

"You don't like manhunt?" Hayes asked.

"Nah." I looked out at the ocean.

"Why not?"

"I'm so bad at it."

"I'll guide you through the game." Hayes offered.

I looked up. "Really? Thanks."

Hayes grabbed my hand. "Someone's coming. Let's go this way." We ran to a place far from everyone else. Hayes wouldn't let go of my hand. He finally did once we sat down.

"I thought we were playing to game." I said.

"It's kinda boring now that I think of it. Let's just chill here." Hayes said. I nodded as we looked out at the ocean.

I looked at his eyes and laughed. "Your eyes match the ocean."

"Your beauty matches the ocean."

I blushed. No guy has ever complimented me like that before.

"Really? I'm surprised." Hayes said.

"What?" I shot my head up. "Did I just say that out loud?"

"Yep."

I laughed and ran my hand through my hair. "You're a flirt."

"I get that a lot."

All of the sudden, I felt an unfamiliar pair of lips meet mine. And I felt arms wrap around my waist. I wanted to run around the beach screaming with excitement because my long time crush Hayes Grier just kissed me. But I remained calm at least.

"That, um, was my first kiss." I bit my lip and looked down.

"And probably your best. You're a good kisser, Kaitlyn."

I blushed and rolled my eyes. "Thanks, flirt."

"Hey, what can I say? I'm the master at flirting."

"It's true."

"We should hang out more. Like go on an actual date or something." Hayes said.

"I would love to." I smiled. "A date sounds fun."

I've been waiting for this for so long.