New Girl Part 2

*Eliza's POV*

I stood in front of the school waiting for Hayes. I bit my lip nervously. My first date. On the first day of school. I played around on my phone for a few minutes until someone put their hands over my eyes.

"Guess who?"

"Ansel Elgort." I said.

The hands left my face and Hayes appeared next to me. "You wish."

I laughed. "It would be nice if Ansel surprised me like that."

"Speaking of Ansel," Hayes said. "How would you like to see The Fault in Our Stars right now?"

I beamed with excitement. "I'd love to."

The movie theater is right near our school, so we walked over.

"Two tickets to TFIOS, please." Hayes said. "And one large popcorn with two sprites."

I reached into my bag. "How much should I pay?"

Hayes his hand on my wrist. "No, I got it."

I looked up at him. "You sure?"

"Positive. My treat." Hayes smirked. I bit my lip and smiled as we went to the theater. The movie was amazing. But so sad. When Augustus died, I started to sob. I saw Hayes look over at me. I leaned my head on his and sobbed into his shoulder.

"I'm even tearing up myself." He whispered. I laughed while crying and looked up.

"You're crying?"

"Pffft, no." Hayes said. I saw one tear roll down his check.

"Aww, you're crying!"

"Am not!"

I giggled as Hayes leaned in and kissed me softly. My eyes fluttered open in bewilderment. This was my first kiss. I smiled and leaned my head on Hayes again, enjoying this amazing movie.