Chapter 11 • Speeches

Mackenzie's POV

We made our way over to the dining room, after taking about an hours worth of pictures. They announced each of pairs one by one, as we made our way to the dance floor.

Lastly announcing Maddie and Jack, everyone clapped loudly. It was time for their first dance together. They chose their song. A Team by Ed Sheeran.

They got in the middle and started dancing, swaying around. They looked perfect. They're the perfect couple.

I'm happy they're finally together. After the song ended everyone clapped. Maddie and Dad had their father daughter dance and after Jack and his mom had their dance.

It was nice, really nice. Now started dinner. We were given a salad to start. Luckily for me I'm with my friends. We have a table all to ourselves, and I don't have to deal with any relatives.

"Kenzie, you look beautiful," Johnny says.

I turn to him and smile. Giving him a kiss.

"The reception was really nice. I'm so happy for Maddie," Lexi smiled.

"Same, I knew they'd be together forever," Lauren added.

Together forever, something I want. I'd like for it to happen. Hopefully with Johnny. I love him with all my heart.

"Later, me and you, my hotel room?" John whispered in my ear.

I smirked at him and nodded, "can't wait big boy."

He smiled at me and we started to eat.

"So when do you have to do your speech?" Carson asked.

"I think it's right before we cut the cake," I answer.

They nodded and we talked for awhile, until dinner came. I had ordered the pasta, and damn it looked so good.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turn around seeing Maddie. She smiled and hugged me.

"Hey come with me really fast," Maddie said.

I nodded and get up, Maddie grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the dining room and into the hallway. We walked down to the room we hung out in before the wedding.

I take a seat on the couch and so does Maddie.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Well first I wanted to thank you for before. You made me really relaxed and it meant a lot. Not only that, I know you've had to listen about this wedding a lot and this is a thank you for everything you've done," Maddie said.

She handed me a box. I take it and open it up. Inside there's two necklaces, both say sister.

I looked up at her and smiled. "Maddie, you didn't have to do this."

"But, I did. Kenz, I chose you to be my maid of honor because even though fight, and everything your still by my side. And you're my best friend. I was your first best friend and you're mine. I love you Mack," Maddie explained. "So I got these because I thought you could have one and I can have one."

"Thanks Maddie. I love it," I say hugging her.

"No problem. I'll always spoil you Kenz," Maddie laughed.

I laughed too and put one necklace on her. Then she put the other on me. It looked perfect. I really loved them.

"I'm so excited for your speech Kenzie," Maddie stated.

I nodded hesitantly. "Unfortunately it's not my original speech," I muttered.

"What do you mean?" Maddie questioned.