Chapter 38 • John & Lauren's Birthday

Mackenzie's POV

I finished wrapping the presents I had gotten John and Lauren for today. Today is their birthday so, of course that entitles a party.

They originally were going to do a big party with like, half the class but, they decided not to. Just to keep it simple, the squad and families.

Afterwards we're sleeping over their house which means, well, you know what it means. At least for John and I. If I'm being completely honest though. We've been having way too much sex. I mean, I get that he's going into the military and everything but, still it's not until like July.

I shrugged it off and stand up. Calling Jack to come and help me. He entered my room and grabs the presents, we both go downstairs together where the rest of my family was.

"Is everyone ready?" Dad asked.

We nodded and left the house. I got in the car with Maddie and Jack, since we decided to take two separate cars.

"So what'd you get John and Lauren?" Maddie asked.

"I got Lauren this necklace she really loved, and a few vinyls," I responded. "Then I got John some clothes, new shoes and-"

"Don't tell me you're last present to him is you," Maddie begged.

I blush, turning a dark shade of red. "No..."

Maddie groaned while Jack's reaction was to laugh. Which resulted in Maddie hitting his arm.

"Please use protection. I really don't want to be an aunt to your child just yet," Maddie whined.

I rolled my eyes, "of course we will. We always do."

"Good," Maddie said as we pulled up to their house.

All three of us get out of the car. Maddie, helping me out while Jack had the presents. We made our way up to the door and knocked on it.

Waiting several moments it opened up, revealing Darian.

"Hey guys, come in," she smiled. "How're you feeling Kenz?"

I shrugged, "I'm good. Just over the cast now," I answer.

"I'd be too. But, hey it comes off soon," Darian mentioned.

I nodded smiling. "I can't wait."

Her and I laugh and make our way to the living room where John, Lauren, Hayden and Carson were hanging out on the couch.

"Happy birthday babes!" I announced as I entered.

They turned to me and smiled. "Thank you Kenzie," Lauren said, standing up and hugging me.

John right behind her, kissed my forehead and hugs me. "Thank you," he whispered.

We both go over to the couch and sit down. Me resting my leg up on top of Hayden.

"You guys look cute," I mentioned looking at John and Lauren's outfits.

Lauren had on a light ripped jeans, a white sweater and white Adidas. While John an off white sweater, black jeans and checkered vans.

"Thanks Kenz," Lauren smiled.

I smiled back weakly and turned my head to the tv. Watching Bob's Burgers with them.

-

"Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear John and Lauren!
Happy Birthday to you!"

They both blew out the candles on the cake while everyone clapped.