Chapter 33 • I'm Sorry

Mackenzie's POV

I went to John's games Wednesday and Thursday. I decided not to go to Friday's soccer game. It was bad on my part but, it's a pain in the ass to get up on the bleachers. Plus I didn't want to see how good the team was without me.

I laid in my bed staring at my tv screen playing Friends. I lied to the girls yesterday, saying Maddie had wanted me to come to her OBGYN appointment, and get dinner together.

They believed it. I mean, Maddie doesn't have an OBGYN appointment until next week. Plus she does want me to come to that one so I said I would.

"Hey sweetie."

I turn and see my mom standing in the doorway. She gives me a small smile, closing the door behind her and taking a seat at the edge of my bed.

"Can we talk?" Mom asked.

I nodded and paused Netflix and turned to her.

"So, I got off the phone with Meredith. She told me the girls were upset that you didn't show up to their game. Yet, you showed up to the hockey and basketball games. What's going on that you didn't want to support your friends?" Mom asks.

I look down at my hands shrugging my shoulders. "I didn't want to go there and see the team. It'd just make me depressed that I can participate," I answer.

"I get that sweetie, but they're still your friends. You should've been there. They said that they felt bad this whole week. Your friends told their families you think you got replaced. Why is that?" Mom questioned.

I sighed. They need to shut their mouths is what they need to do I thought.

"Mom, I knew they'd need someone to score the points. So Saturday, last week, they were talking about the game. Going on and on about how this new girl is so good and how it was like I was never there. Then Monday, I get to lunch and new girl is sitting there. They're laughing having a good time, I mean, I think I'm replaced," I explain.

Mom sighed and placed her hand on my thigh. "You're not being replaced. There's no way, they love you Kenzie. You've been best friends since pre K. Nobody can change that. I think you're just resentful because you can't do what you love to do with them. You can't play soccer, so you're taking your anger out on them," mom lectured.

I nodded and sighed, "I'll text them in a bit. Sorry mom."

"Don't apologize to me. Your friends will understand once you explain everything. Okay?" Mom said.

I nodded and she smiled. Getting up and left my room.

-

"I guess I'm just really resentful that you guys can play soccer and everything. So I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd be upset if I didn't show up. I'm also sorry for how I've been acting lately too," I apologize.

"It's okay Mack. We understand, we're sorry that we didn't really do anything to help you," Carson said.

I shrugged, "it's not like you can help me. I'm basically useless for two more months," I muttered.

"If you were upset you could've talked to us. We would've understood why you were so upset," Lauren said.

"I just didn't want you to quit because of me. I know you guys kept saying you'd quit the team," I say.

"Mack, your our sister. Our sister is more important than a soccer team," Lexi states.

"Just, don't quit because of me. Please," I begged.

The girls nodded, "we won't. But, you have to come to at least two games. Deal?" Ruby said.

I nodded, "deal."

-

I laid in my room with Johnny laying beside me. I had rested my head on his shoulder as we watched White Chicks.

"Hey, babe, you still up?" Johnny whispered.

"Ya I'm up," I respond. "What time is it?"

He looks at his phone, "it's almost midnight."

I sighed. Wasn't sure if he had to leave or not. "When do you have to be home?" I ask.

He turns to me smirking. "I don't have to be home," he says.

I grinned widely.

He gets up and locks the door quietly. Making his way over to my bed, he hovers on top of me. Kissing my lips, then my jaw line, up to my ear. Nibbling my earlobe. He goes down to my neck. Kissing my spot definitely leaving a hickey.

I bite my tongue. Trying not to moan too loud.

"How about, I make you happy? Make you feel better? What do you say?" John whispered huskily.

My breathing hitched, I nodded doing my best to not be so loud.

He slips my top off, and tosses it to the ground. Leaving a trail of kisses down to my belly button. He unbuttoned my jeans, sliding them off of me.

He takes off his shirt and leaves it on the ground with my clothes.

"How about, I do this to you?" He mumbles, taking my underwear off.

I'll spare you the details but, tonight was a night for me.

-

I wake up the next morning with Johnny's arms wrapped around me. He's staring at me smiling.

"I love you princess. I hope you're pleased with last night," he mumbled, stroking my hair.

"Thank you my prince. I was, very pleased. I love you very much," I say kissing him.

"I'm sorry I didn't do this sooner," he says.

I look at him and smiled, "all I need is you. Then I know I'll be okay."