Chapter 19 • Suggestions

Mackenzie's POV

I sat at the booth in the lunch room. Waiting for my friends to return with their lunches. Taking their seats and settled in.

"So Mrs. Pepler is a fucking bitch," Lexi begins. "I mean, she can't grade to save her life and she thinks that just because she wrote one book that means she knows everything."

"How many copies did she sell? Three?" Hayden joked.

We laughed and ranted about our teachers and some stupid things they do.

"Mr. Reynolds has been calling a bunch of people down to his office lately. Anyone know what it's about?" Carson asked, eating a fry.

"I can check, I mean, I got a new system on my computer and I've been dying to test it out," Annie said, opening up her lap top.

She can hack into anything, again, it's cool but it's really scary what she can do.

"Maybe later Annie," Carson said, unsure of how he felt.

We nodded and she pouts, putting away her laptop. "You guys are no fun," she pouts.

Hayden smirked and kissed her cheek, "it's okay babe, we can have fun later," he says.

We laughed a bit. It's no secret between all of us what are relationships are. We all know we have sex. There's no secret.

"Alright, guys before I forget, what do you think of this sketch of some outfits I've been coming up with," Lexi asked, pulling out her sketch book of her new design ideas.

We look at them and see multiple sketches of dresses, outfits for both guys and girls and just a whole bunch. They were really good.

"Lexi these are amazing," I say going through them.

"Ya, why do you have all these?" Ruby asked.

Lexi smiled and grabs the book from me. "Well, I might get a chance to intern for Marc Jacobs," Lexi admits.

Our jaws dropped. "He's one of the biggest names in fashion!" Lauren exclaimed.

"I know I know," Lexi smiled.

"How did this happen?" Jacob asked.

"So, a family friend of ours is high up working with Marc Jacobs. So she sent him some of my designs and Marc Jacobs reached out to me. He told me he liked my work and wanted to see more of it. He said that i needed to come up with several different designs. Make them and send them in with photos. Then I also have to do a video conference with him, so if all goes well then I'm interning there and they're going to pay for me to go to college!" Lexi explained.

"Lex! That's amazing congrats babe!" Jacob said kissing her.

"Thank you. And guys, I need all of you to help me. I need models and you're all perfect for it. Will you guys help?" Lexi asks.

We looked at each other and nodded. "Of course, this is huge for you," Annie said.

"Thank you guys so much. I'll let you know when I need you to come over. I'm almost done with the sketches so I figured, I'll get your measurements, everyone can sleepover and help me out. Sewing is going to take a few days but when I'm ready the boys can set everything up so I can take professional pictures and send them in," Lexi explained. "Also, boys for the pictures you need to wear a bit of makeup. Is that okay?"

They boys nodded in response, "anything to help you Lexi," Carson smiled.

"Great! I can't wait for this to happen," Lexi smiled.

I smiled back weakly. At least she has a future I thought.

"So what do we see in the future for everyone else?" John asked.

"Computer engineer, I talked to different places and Facebook said I can intern there, plus if I do good, they'll give me a job," Annie said.

"That's awesome," Hayden smiled.

"Wait, it's only November. How are you guys getting internships already?" I ask.

"We want to try to see what it's like to work there and plus these companies can pay for our colleges," Annie responded.

I nodded and sat back. God I'm so stupid I thought.

"Sports medicine," Jacob stated.

"Media production," Hayden said.

"Economics," Ashton said.

"Pre-Law," Carson said.

"Nursing," Lauren smiled.

"Sociology," Ruby stated.

I just listened to them saying what they planned to do in the future. It felt like I was paralyzed. I couldn't find my voice to even come up with a lye.

"What about you Mack?" Jacob asked.

I looked up and see my friends staring at me. "Uh... I'm thinking about international studies," I lied.

Even though it was a lye. It did sound interesting. I know it's a real major and it just sounded cool.

"That's awesome Kenz," Lauren smiled.

I smiled back and nodded. "Anyways, soccer tryouts are coming up, you girls going to try out?" I ask.

Ever since middle school the girls and I always tried out for soccer and always made the team. We were good at it. Plus at least I had something going for me.

"I don't know Mack. I have hockey tryouts too, I might have to sit this one out," Lauren said.

"Ya Mack, I have this internship I have to think about," Lexi said.

"Same here Kenzie," Annie said.

"Rubs?" I ask, turning to the curly blonde haired girl.

"I might have to sit this one out too," she says.

I sighed and nodded. Great I have to do this alone.

"Hey, we said might, so we may tryout with you if we can," Annie reassured.

"If we can't, we'll always be at your games," Ruby smiled.

I nodded again not saying anything. Why does this always happen to me?!

"So guys, how can we make this the most memorable and most epic year ever?" Jacob asked.

Everyone threw out some suggestions. None satisfied me at least.

"Let's take a trip, just us. Take a weekend or something and drive somewhere," I suggested.

My friends turned to me like I was crazy. "I don't know babe," John said.

"Ya, Kenzie we have to focus on our futures," Hayden states.

"Ya I know but, later on in the year or something. We take a trip, like when we were younger. We always dreamed about going places remember? Don't you want one last trip before we graduate?"

They nodded.

"We remember but, it's just not the time Kenzie," Ashton said.

I nodded and sighed grabbing my bag. Since I'm stuck in the corner, I stand up and walk on the table, jumping off when I reached the end.

"Fine, I'll see you guys later. I have to go," I say.

I walked out of the cafeteria hearing them protest at me for leaving. I don't turn back though. I walked out and straight out of school.