Chapter 1 • Seniors

Mackenzie's POV

My eyes fluttered open, bright lights hitting my face. I sit up and rub my eyes. Looking around the room. I groaned and picked up my phone, turning off the alarm.

First day of school.

This year was important though. It's my last first day of school. Today starts my senior year in high school. Needless to say I've been waiting for this day since sixth grade.

I get out of bed and get ready. Taking a fast shower, washing my body with lavender scented body wash. When I get out, I dry myself off and go to my closet.

Choosing ripped skinny jeans, a red and white stripped t-shirt and all white adidas. I look in the mirror and smile at my outfit.

I run over back to my bathroom, doing my makeup then straightening my hair. Once I finished I brushed my teeth. Once I was all done, I take a few selfies and grab my bag. Running downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning Mackenzie," my mom greets.

"Hi mom," I say, going into the pantry grabbing S'mores pop tarts.

"You excited you're a senior?" My dad questions as he pour his coffee.

"YES! I've been waiting for this since like sixth grade. I'm gonna make this year count, and the most memorable," I say moving to the refrigerator. Grabbing a Gatorade.

"That's good sweetie. Don't forget about your classes though. That's the priority. And colleges too," Mom says.

I nod rolling my eyes.

The truth is, I don't know what I want to do. I don't think I even want to go to college if I'm being honest. I could never tell my parents or anyone this though. I would never hear the end of it.

I hug my parents goodbye, about to exit the kitchen I was called back.

"Your sister and Jack are coming over tonight for dinner. We need to finish getting things set up for their wedding," mom reminds.

I nodded and continued my way out of the kitchen, exiting my house.

My sister, Maddie, is twenty-four years old. She's been dating her boyfriend... well now fiancé, Jack, since she was seventeen. When he first moved from Australia.

Their wedding is in a few weeks. They wanted a fall wedding so the exact date is Saturday, October 7th. And guess who's the bridesmaid.

Me.

I mean, don't get me wrong I love my sister but, I don't want be a bridesmaid. Not only am I a bridesmaid, but, I am the maid of honor. I play a big part in the wedding.

So, if I screw up, like I always do, I will probably most likely be shot dead. By my mom. My mom adores Maddie. She's always been the golden child. The one mom always brags about.

Maddie has life figured out. She's getting married in less than a month, she's planning on having kids, she has a steady job, her bachelors degree in business and marketing. She has her life figured out. I don't. I don't even know what I plan to do in the next five minutes.

I've always been creative. Imaginative, it's better to have an imagination. Especially when we live in a world like this.

That's always something Maddie's adored about me. She's always adored me, spoiling me all the time. She's a great sister, great to talk to and everything, just sometimes I wish she wasn't so perfect.

"Hey Mack," one of my best friends, Lexi, greets.

Lexi Jayde; tall, brunette, beautiful girl. She's more of the fashionable one. Definitely going to be on the next project runway. Boyfriend, Jacob Sartorious. Excels at all subjects, basically almost top of our class.

All my friends excel at all their classes. Then there's me. I'm smart, just not like them. Not even close.

"Hey Lex," I say closing her car door.

"What am I? Invisible?" Ruby questions.

Ruby Rose Turner; my other best friend. Incredible dancer, blonde curly hair, brown eyes. Just straight up beautiful. Boyfriend, Ashton Rowland.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "hey Ruby."

"Ya that's more like it," she says sarcastically.

I laugh and shake my head.

"We have to go pick up Annie and Lauren. Lauren didn't want to ride with the boys," Lexi says.

I nodded and scrolled through my phone. Seeing my sister and other family friends and family members texts. All of them basically saying have a great first day our little senior.

I'm seventeen, like, I'm not that little. I get I'm the baby but still.

"Howdy girlies," Annie smiled, entering the car.

Annie Leblanc; long brown hair, absolutely beautiful. She's stunning actually, like she could be hella popular. Like more than we are now, but, she stuck with us. Rides horses, does gymnastics and plays soccer. She's the secret nerd. Can hack into anything. It's pretty cool and scary.

"Hey Annie," we say, driving off to Lauren's house which was not too far away.

When we pull up, she's waiting outside for us. She hops in the back seat with the rest of them.

"God bless. I was not being stuck in a car with the boys," Lauren said, slamming the door shut.

Lauren Orlando; long blonde hair, brown eyes. Has a twin brother Johnny, who's my boyfriend. She's pretty athletic, playing soccer and hockey. Both field and ice. It's cool if you think about it, she's also the mellow one in the group, calming us down, just the go to person in the group.

There's more in our friend group, the boys. However, they became our boyfriends.

"So, Mack, when are you seeing Maddie again?" Lauren asks.

"Tonight, her and Jack are coming for dinner. They need finish somethings up before the wedding," I say, turning the screen off.

"I can't wait it's going to be fun!" Lexi squealed.

I nodded and stared out the window. Watching us as we pulled up to the large brick building. With its name, Crowley High School, on the side.

Yup, our name is called Crowley High School. The nickname for everyone who comes to the is Crowley Cunts.

Yup, people are creative. Our rival schools, yes more than one, we call them BayLake Bitches, R. K. Turner Thots, Pearce Pussies and ya. You get the point.

I can't help but to think of this year. Most memorable... challenge accepted.

First chapter is up!

I hope you liked it. Let's see if we can get this to ten votes and ten comments? How does that sound?

Hopefully it's pretty simple.

Also go check out Grey Matter it needs some loving for another update.

Bye loves xoxo