Chapter 27 • The Day of

Mackenzie's POV

I wake up excited. Today is the game, our first game. I got out of bed and get ready. Putting on my jersey, adidas pants and my roshe one Nike.

The girls and I planned to twin today so this is what we came up with.

I straightened my hair and did very little makeup. I wasn't really in the mood to do my makeup today so oh well.

I walk downstairs and see everyone eating breakfast.

"There's the soccer player! You excited?" Dad asked giving me a hug.

"Ya I can't wait for tonight," I say, sitting down and getting some food.

"Okay, so the game starts at seven, I get off at six, I'll pick you up Maddie and then dad and Jack will meet us at the school," mom explained.

"Madz, you don't have to go. I told you it was okay if you wanted to miss it. I won't mind," I say.

"I know I know, but i really want to see you play. I'm going to go," Maddie insisted.

"Okay, I'm just saying you've been to plenty. It's okay if you want to stay home," I shrugged.

I look at the time and see I need to go. Lexi is already here.

"I have to go. I'll see you guys later," I say grabbing my stuff.

-

I walk into school with the girls wearing our soccer jerseys. Meeting up with the boys.

I hugged Johnny immediately. "You're going to do great today, I know it," he said.

I look up at him smiling. "I can't wait. I'm really excited," I say.

"Good, after maybe we could have more fun," he whispered.

I smiled and placed my hand on his chest, "maybe we can."

I take his hand and we started to walk to class together. I really didn't want to go to class. I never do honestly, but if I don't graduate it'll be off with my head.

-

Finally in the one class I like. Art. I can stay in this class all day if I wanted to. I mean Mrs. Kintz loves me, so she wouldn't mind either.

"Okay you guys know the assignment is due today. So make it the best it can be!" Mrs. Kintz shouts over the loud class.

I continue to draw the assignment, while my friends talked.

"So before the game, want to get Wendy's?" Lexi asked.

"Ya sure. Wait so, what's the assignment?" Ruby asked.

"What we're thankful for, it's from two weeks ago before we left for break," I answer.

"Oh... I knew that," Ruby muttered.

I nodded and continued to draw what I was thankful for. Which, so far was coming out really well. Especially for having two weeks to do it.

"What are you drawing Mack?" Lauren asked.

I quickly cover my paper. I don't like showing my drawings to anyone. Especially my friends, I'm afraid of what they'll say. I don't even care what Mrs. Kintz says, only my friends.

"Uh, nothing."

They gave me a look of disapproval. "You never let us see your stuff. Come on please," Annie begged.

I shrugged, "later in the year I'll show you."

"Ugh fine," Lauren said sadly. "Anyways, the team is together now. We can't lose."

I nodded agreeing with her. Ever since we were four we've been playing soccer. We were on the same teams all through the years and we made a great team just the five of us. In all the years we've played together, we've lost about eleven games.

"R.K. Turner thots are going down," Ruby smirked.

We nodded and laughed.

"How's Maddie doing Mack?" Lexi asked.

I shrugged, "she came home Wednesday night. I know she's still upset and I tell her to stay home from the game tonight but she's persistent on coming so I don't know exactly. Other than she's still upset."

"I mean it's understandable she's still upset. But, it's nice Maddie still wants to come to the game tonight," Lauren said.

I nodded and shrugged, "I feel bad though. I feel like she thinks she has to come because she promised me. I keep telling her it's okay but she won't give up."

"She probably just needs a distraction from losing the baby. So I think she does want to come so just let her. It'll be nice for both of you," Annie explained.

I nodded. Maybe Maddie does need this.