Chapter 23 • Gender Reveal

Mackenzie's POV

I pinned the banner against the wall. Finishing up the decorating for the party. Dad and Jack went to get the cake and food while mom, Maddie and I set up.

"Girls, go get ready, people are going to be here soon," mom said, climbing down the ladder.

We nodded and went upstairs, into my room.

"What do you want to wear?" I ask, pulling stuff out of my closet.

"This," Maddie said, taking a faded dark pink shirt from the pile.

She puts it on leaving her leggings and shoes on. Leaving me to decide what to wear. I go through my stuff and find a pink Champion sweater.

I smiled and grabbed it, along with white jeans and white vans. I changed from my sweatpants to my jeans and take my shirt off.

"I still think you're too skinny Kenzie," Maddie states.

I turn my head towards her and roll my eyes. "I told you I am fine. I eat food you see that," I say.

"Ya but still, I think you have sex with Johnny too much. You probably make it a workout," Maddie joked.

I my eyes shot out of my head. "Oh my god Maddie," I whined.

She just sits there laughing, happy with herself.

I throw my sweater on then plug in my straightener. Waiting for it to heat up. I take a seat on my bed, resting my head in Maddie's lap and groan.

"What's wrong?" Maddie asked, playing with my hair.

"Everything. Too much to even talk about," i respond.

"Well, what's on your mind?" Maddie asked.

I looked up at her confused. There was no way she wanted to hear this. "Nothing, don't worry about it," I say.

"That may work with mom and dad, it's going to work with me. Now spill," Maddie insists.

I sighed and looked up at her. Honestly, at the moment, the thing that hasn't left my mind since the moment I heard about it was Johnny going to the military.

"It's the whole Johnny in the military thing. For the most part at least," I admit.

"I figured, when I heard about it I was shocked. I can't imagine how you're feeling," Maddie said.

I sighed and looked up at her again, "I'm fucking scared beyond belief. I don't want him to leave, and I don't want him to get hurt. It scares the crap out of me."

"Have you told him that?" She asked.

"No."

"I think you should tell him. It's John, he'll understand," Maddie explained. Making it sound so simple.

I wish it was that simple though.

-

It's finally time for the big reveal. I stood next to Johnny and Lexi. There was two boxes set in front of Maddie and Jack.

Oh ya, they're having twins. They told me last week. I'm excited though, just means I can spoil them twice as much.

"I can't believe they're having twins," John whispered.

I nodded and smiled.

"You know, after graduation, we can get started on our family," Johnny smirked.

"Shut up John. Both of you will be eighteen and you're going into the army. Slow down," Lexi sasses.

I hold back a laugh and try to contain myself. "I would love to protest babe but, I'm siding with Lexi on this," I whispered.

I can see his frown in the corner of my eye. I smirked and pecked his cheek turning to my sister and brother in law.

I get my phone out and start to record. Watching them prepare to open the box.

"What are you hoping for?" Kendall asked.

"We kind of what a girl," Jack answered, smiling down at my sister.

"Open the boxes I can't wait any longer!" Chloe said excitedly.

They smiled and laughed. Opening up the first box, pink confetti and a balloon saying It's a Girl! pops out.

Everyone cheered happily. They moved to the next box and do the same. This time blue confetti pops out and a balloon saying It's a boy!

More cheering came from the room of people. It got loud, but it was understandable on why. They're getting a boy and a girl! That's freaking awesome!

I'm so happy I'm going to be an aunt to a niece and nephew.

"Congratulations!" I say hugging my sister tightly.

Maddie hugged me back, I can tell how happy she is. "I can't wait for these babies to come. They're going to have an amazing aunt," Maddie smiled looking at me.

I smiled back widely.

Finding about the twins and their gender are the greatest thing to happen to me so far.