Chapter 48 • Graduation

Mackenzie's POV

I look at myself in the mirror. The long purple gown, with the matching cap. A black and gold tassel hanging down from the cap. Underneath the gown was a black and white, form fitting, lace dress. I had matching black heels on and it fit perfectly with everything.

On top of my cap were pictures of my friends and I throughout the years. Words going across saying Thanks for the memories.

I already knew what everyone else had on their caps, we did it together. I also helped Jacob and Hayden with theirs. Being that their favorite movie was Toy Story, they did the end scene with Woody and Buzz with their arms around each other. Saying so long partner. It was cute.

John on the other had took the scene from Spongebob, when Plankton made the robot of him and tried to get the formula. On his cap it said Ravioli Ravioli give me the Diplomiolo.

Ashton did another Spongebob inspired cap. His however said A Thousand Years Later. Again very funny.

Ruby's said This was nothing like High School Musical. Annie's said The one where the squad graduates, mocking a name of what a Friends episode would be called. Then below was a picture of us. Lauren's was Crushed it with a picture of Rebel Wilson. And lastly Lexi's said Bibbidi Bobbidi Bye!

All of us spent the weekend to make ours together. I of course made most of them because I'm the artist of the group. And I'll say it didn't come out too bad.

But today, I couldn't help but to smile. Twelve years of my life and now I'm here. I'm doing it, graduating.

I have a full scholarship to Full Sail University in Florida.

"Hello my little graduate."

I turn around and see my mom standing in the doorway. Smiling at me widely, she gives me a hug and holds me tight.

"I can't believe you're graduating high school," Mom said, letting me go.

After our little trip two months ago, we made up. After I told her about college and everything she was really happy.

"I'm going to be here until August. I promise I'll come back to visit you," I say to her.

Even though with Full Sail, I can do it online, I want to try one year there. If not a few months and see how I like it. I've already talked to the school and they said that's okay for me to do.

"I know but still," she mumbles stroking my cheek. "My baby's growing up."

I smiled weakly. "Hey, you have Archie, Mom. He's your grand-baby," I say.

She nods and takes a seat, "I know but, it's not the same. I can't raise him. It's different being a mother and a grandmother," Mom explains. "See, I raised three kids before you, and when you came around Kenzie, I knew you were going to be different. You were mischievous in your own ways. You were a whole different story than your siblings. But, I watched you through the years and see that you became such a mature beautiful young lady. And I'm so proud of you."

I smiled weakly and hugged her. Before I could say anything, there was a knock at the door. I look up and see Johnny standing there.

"I can come back later," he says going to turn around.

"No it's okay sweetie," Mom said standing up. Pulling me up with her. "I'm going downstairs anyways. And congrats Johnny."

She kissed his cheek and left the room. John looked at me and smiled.

"Hey, so this is it," he begins.

I nodded and took a deep breath. "Yup, we're graduating."

He smiled and walked over to me placing a kiss on my lips. "I have something for you," he whispered.