TWELVE

"Congratulation, She is with child."

"Really! That's great." Zhelan spoke. You can tell he was trying to hide his excitement. Those were the only thing Liyu heard as she fell back into a slumber.
------------------------------------
"Goddess, the crown prince ask for a audience with you."

I was was almost done combing my hair together when the little maids came to get me.

"Tell him I'll be there."

The little maid bow as she retreats. I look into the eye of my own reflection, wishing that I could comfort myself. After a sigh I got up and proceed to the door. I walk to the hall where the Crown prince of the 9 heaven was located. Before my eyes was my 6 sisters taking peeks.

"What are you guys doing?" I question.
All of them turn my direction and dart past me. They were all were giggling.

"Changxi, is that you." A voice called out. It was my mother.

I took a deep breath before responding.
"It is I."
I took a step in and each step I took felt heavier. Finally, I made my way to the center of the hall.

"Changxi greets Father and Mother."

"Come, sit." My father welcome me as he motion me to sit next to the crown prince. Even though I was a goddess, there was only a few who scares me. Those people are my parents. I obliged and walk toward the crown prince.

"Changxi greets Crown Prince Yuwang."

"No need. Just call me Yuwang."

I drew a fake smile on as I tilt my head forward in respect.

"Come sit." The crown prince patted the seat next to him. I walk with no grace towards him for I was not trying to impress him. I drop down as rudely as possible hoping to draw him away from me and break this engagement.

My mother cleared her throat. Though I wasn't looking at her, I could feel her staring holes into my head. There was a awkward silence that lasted only seconds. It was my father who broke that silence.

"Ah! What a wonderful couple! You both match really well." My father said in a fake like voice.

"Is that so?" The crown prince ask.

"Yes. It is."

"I've heard a lot of wonderful thing about Miss Changxi. A lot of interesting thing too."

I look up to meet his stare. What kind of things did you hear about me? I thought to myself.

"Is that so." My father reply.
"What kind of things did you hear about my daughter?"

I was indeed curious about such things. A goddess like me who distance myself from heavenly affairs has rumors going around indeed peek my interest.

"Well, i heard that she was a beauty and indeed she is."

"You flatter too much Crown Prince. I'm sure there's someone better."

Ouch. My father would say such thing.

"I also heard that she's a wonderful dancer too"