TWENTY-ONE

I had fallen asleep next to them as I waited for their spirit to be clean.

Black flashes in my dream and like a mirror, I saw my reflection. Or what was my reflection.

There was a group of beautiful ladies dress in all sort of clothing surrounding something beautiful. In a crystal like cage, Liyu was in the center of it all. She was dress in a long white dress  with her hair down. By her feet was a thick fog, projecting almost like cold ice.

I got a little bit closer when Liyu's hand begin to lift up. It was almost as if she was pointing at something. I walk up to her and stood by her side facing the crowd of ladies. There was no one in the direction she was pointing towards. I finally got a good look at all the ladies. Despite how beautiful they were, they were all witches with their eyes black and their sharp teeth exposed. At once they all stop breathing and stared at me as if they actually saw me. I admit I stop breathing as well.

I felt a little tickle up my sleeve. I look down to my sleeve to see a hand on me, I trace the hand up and saw Liyu, with solid black eye and long white hair stare right into my eyes. All the witches scream and lunges towards me.

I woke up.

I was sweating cold sweat as I flash heat waves.

"Are you okay?" Chunxing ask me. I nearly attack her because I was scared. 

"You're drench in sweat." Chunxing pulled out her handkerchief and slowly dab away the visible sweat on my face. "You had a nightmare I suppose." She asked as she continued to dab my sweat away. I stopped her, she then handed me the same handkerchief so i can wipe my own sweat.

"Chunxing, how long have I been here already?"

"It's been about 5 days already."

I let out a sigh.

It's already been 5 days. The wedding is right around the corner.....that dream. I wonder how they're doing?

"Immortal, i heard Wanglong call you Changxi."

I was leaning against the tub where Zhecheng and Zheyuan was in when she asked me. I look down to my hand as i held the handkerchief and simply reply with a "Mmm"

"Goddess, a heavenly trial is usually 60 human years at most...you were gone for 3,000 years."

I lean back as i let out a huge sigh and my eyes watered.

"For the past 3,000 years, i had been wandering the earth. I've fallen in love many times, and plenty of times, I've drunken form the river of forgetfulness to forget all of my sweet, bitter, hard lives." I said as a tear stream down my face before laughing.

"It's whatever. I have to go."

"Goddess, where are you going?"

"Home." I replied as i got up and walked away.

-------------------------------------------

I went back down to the mortal world to see what had happen. It, the palace, and all human kind around that area was destroyed. The sky was filled with black visible aura, while flames ate engulf what it could. There was no visible color anywhere. Luckily i knew what witches fear; 

The demons.

-----------------------------------------