Little cutie- Taehyung Kim (1/...)

This book contains some triggering topic on race
🚨Read at your own risk🚨

(This will be for my readers that are possibly half korean or biracial in general)

September 12th,2004

School play ground

You felt like the only little black girl in the world, your dad was in the military was stationed in Daegu and that's where he met your mother.
They fell in love and had you out of marriage ,a year later your father had been shot and killed in war.
So it was just you and your mother, she taught you both broken English and complete Korean.

If we're being honest, no one really knew you existed on either sides of the family, on your mother's side her family disowned her and your father was married with a family already before he showed up to South Korea
Something your mother was not happy about, but she knew your dad loved her more because everything he owned went to you guys, except the house in North Carolina of course.

You growing up in a town that was not diverse at all, the only kind people you saw were Koreans, and you having a darker skin tone, curly hair with your mom's monolids, you got a lot of stares, some people complimented how pretty you were, others...looked at you as if you were a catastrophe.

It was almost recess time and all the kids in your class wanted to ran outside to play with their friends, you however despised recess because no one would play with you.

Not even the kids who lived next door to you.

"Okay class lets gather round" Your teacher said cheerfully, everyone including yourself ran over to her.

"We have a new student, please introduce yourself"

And a boy with tan skin and a rectangular smile shifted d from behind the teacher, "Hello I am Kim Taehyung please take care of me" he bowed at a 90 degree angle causing everyone to giggle.
You examined him before he turns and meets your eyes, his widened a little before he smiles again and bows, you returned it.
That was the first time a kid your age smiled at you like that.

It was officially recess and you hid out in the tunnel slide, this was your usual hiding spot because everyone wanted to use the monkey bars or swings.

Until you heard playful screaming and tumbling behind you, you look up and see the new kid sliding down above you.

"Stop! Stop!" You scream but he was already to close, he bumped into you and you felt out of the slide and landed on your back, you close your eyes until you felt something pressed against your lips, you open them and see his lips on yours.
You quickly push him off and wipe your mouth, "Sorry I didn't know it was occupied" his cheeks were now blushed, a rosy red.
Little did you realize that, that was your first kiss.

"You're bleeding" you said pointing at his knee, he looks down, "Oh...could you walk me to the nurse?"

You look over your shoulder and notice two boys walking over, "Is she bothering you?"

"No-"

They push you onto your back, "She bothers me just by existing"

Tears swell in your eyes, "Hey! Don't do that she's a girl!" Taehyung runs to her side, "My dad said that people like her aren't considered human"

Taehyung looks at you then back to the boy, "She looks like a girl"

He leans in and sniffs your hair, "she smells like a girl..."

"Are you a girl?"

You nod, Taehyung turns back to the boy, "Let's go new friend" he grabs your hand and pulls you up to go to the nurse.

You examined the left side of his face, he was handsome, for a moment you thought he modeled but you saw his dirty worn out shoes and thought otherwise.
"Thank you little cutie" you said before slapping your hand over you mouth, Taehyung smiles at you, his cheeks turned the same rosy red before you decided to walk again.

"You're welcome cutie"

This was inspired by the story of how Jimin and Taehyung became friends.