ONE

"Next time you pull a stunt like this I'll smack you with my tail", Taehyung stated, flicking droplets of water in Yoongi's face, "How long have they been chasing you? Mutants never come this close to the beach".

His twin shrugged, wiping his face, "I ran into them on the outskirts of town. Didn't have enough bullets to finish them all so led them here".

"You asshole", the merman muttered, shuddering as he realized all those mutants were now floating around in the ocean. Taehyung closed his eyes and sighed, feeling the warm air engulf his upper body and he leaned backwards on his hands.

"It's been so long since I've touched dry ground. How's the world population doing?"

Yoongi clicked his tongue, "Besides dying or turning into those things? The usual I guess". The older platina blonde twin was shivering in the ice cold water. He was confused on how his younger brother survived living in this cold and then remembered most fish were cold blooded so his brother must be too. Yoongi stepped out of the water and stood on the line where the sea reached the land, taking off his boots that were soaked with water.

"How's mother doing?"

The platina blonde shortly froze at this question before proceeding on wringing his socks to loose some water.

"Some mutant got to her. Last time I saw her she was lying in a puddle of blood on her bed. Don't know if she's changed yet", Yoongi shrugged before putting his socks and shoes back on.

"Don't lead her here please. Just blow up her head or something. I don't want her in my ocean", Taehyung crossed his arms and rolled his eyes when he heard a grunt coming from somewhere in the sea, probably some mutant trying to swim his way out of the water.

"The neighborhood is swarming with mutants", Yoongi said, slinging his shotgun on his shoulder, "I'm not going back there".

Taehyung grinned, "Who else besides you would get rid of them though?"

The older dropped his shotgun back from his shoulder, "You're right. The fucking army is fighting somewhere in the south and the police is evacuating everyone".

"I think you'll be visiting mother again", Taehyung chuckled, flicking his tail so he was now floating on his back, feelinge waves wash against him. Gazing at the sky he saw the thick mob of clouds passing in front of the sun. It was somewhere around spring he guessed, which meant summer would arrive soon. That particular season was Taehyung's least favorite, since people were free in summer and wanted to take a trip to the ocean. The beach was always crowded with families trying to get a tan or go for a swim. Sand castles would be everywhere and it was Taehyung's favorite activity to come out at night and blast them away with his water powers. But for the rest of the day he was spent on the bottom of the ocean, grumbling about stupid people and their littering. Packets of food would float around in the water, annoying Taehyung to the core.

"Shouldn't you be going back? You know it's dangerous to walk the path to town in the dark", the merman asked, not bothering to look at his brother.

"Awe are you worried about me little brother?", Yoongi chuckled, putting back the bullets in his pocket that he'd been counting.

"Next time I'll let the mutants eat you", Taehyung huffed, crossing his arms.

"Love you too brother", Yoongi smiled, "I'll be going now. See you soon".

He waved his brother farewell and saw Taehyung smacking his tail so it created waves. Yoongi ran from the beach, yelling at his laughing twin who had created a floodwave to wash on the beach, almost soaking the older who was running for his life.

The twins parted ways again, knowing they'd see each other soon.

Maybe too soon.