TWELVE

"Take that you ugly motherfucker!"

A waterball was thrown some mutant's way, effectively hitting it in his ugly face. It stunned the creature for a moment which bought enough time for Yoongi to hit the mutant's head with a baseball bat, making the head tumble off and roll onto the ground.

"Thanks bro", Yoongi smiled, before dodging another one that was charging towards him.

Jungkook hadn't transformed into his full wolf form yet & was mainly relying on his knives and gun, mixed with his supernatural instincts. He knew once he would change to his beastly form, he'd have trouble changing back to human and he didn't want to trouble his team mates any more than necessary. Jimin, too, wasn't using his supernatural powers. Transforming into his kitsune used up a lot of energy and he certainly didn't want to spend it one some puny mutants.

Namjoon was attacking the group from the sky while Hoseok did the same from underground. This caused a ruckus between the mutants who had trouble fixating on one person. Jin, who was visible, had begged Taehyung to throw some water his way to get rid of his burning shirt. He sighed in relief when he felt a waterball hit his burning back, shortly halting to catch his breath from all the running and screaming around.

"You're pretty useless when you're visible", Taehyung mentioned, chuckling once he received a pointy look from the older, "Maybe you can look around for some weapons while we finish this. We really need some for the humans among us".

Jin nodded, though feeling a bit defeated since he realized just how useless he was in this fight. He had stolen the show when they were back at that awful facility, being the invisible spy and all that, but now he had literally been the light of the fight, a burning one at that.

He started scouting the area while the rest did the finishing touches on the fight. Jungkook heaved as he chopped off the last mutant's head, wiping the dirty blood off his face, smudging it even more. Jimin had gotten some gore on his shirt and was running - and shrieking 'ew ew ew ew' - over to the creek to wash it all away. Namjoon safely landed back on the ground and received a high five from Hoseok who crawled out of the earth, a happy grin beaming on his face.

"Good job bro", Yoongi smiled, clapping Taehyung on the back, dirtying the merman's skin.

"Get your bloody hands away from me", the merman hissed, slapping the hand off him with a glare on his face. Jungkook was already nearing them and was about to pick up Taehyung who shrieked and let a huge wave from the creek crash down onto the werewolf.

"Ow", Taehyung apologized, smiling sheepishly, "Sorry. You were so bloody".

The werewolf was staring at the ground, his whole body soaked and hair matted against his face. The blood that was once on his skin was now washed away but his clothes were drenched along with it.

"You're lucky you're my mate", he growled, shaking his hair like a dog would do and making the surrounding others complain by the droplets. He looked up into Taehyung's puppy dog eyes, the same he himself was good at making and rolled his eyes, "Am I allowed to pick you up now?"

The merman nodded with glee and smiled once he was back cuddling against Jungkook's strong chest. Taehyung scrunched his nose, "You reek of wet dog".

Jungkook growled and nipped at the merman's ear, "I can bite like a dog too".

"That's really kinky Kookie but not in the presence of others please", the merman spoke calmly, a giggle leaving his lips once he saw the blush creeping onto the werewolf's cheeks, embarrassed by what Taehyung was implying.

"Stop flirting and let's get moving", Yoongi said, getting a sharp glare from his brother when he tried to fake gag. He suddenly stopped talking and glanced around, mentally counting the people standing in their circle, "Where's Jin?"

"I told him to go find some weapons since he was pretty useless in the fight", Taehyung spoke, playing with the wet cord of Jungkook's hoodie, "He should be around here some-"

"AAAAAAAH".

Namjoon sighed, turning to the house where the scream came from, "Guess we found him".

Hoseok pinched the bridge of his nose.

"And he's on fire again".

Chubby chubby charmander chasing its tail