THIRTY SEVEN

Jungkook was absolutely not satisfied with the entire situation, though he couldn't do a lot about it now. Taehyung had made up his mind and there was no way to talk him back out of it. The werewolf just wished the merman had told him a bit sooner so he'd get used to the idea. But there was no way to get comfortable with the idea of his mate being experimented on, as the experiment was happening right in front of his eyes.

"Are you sure about this?" It was the first thing he had uttered since he had entered the bathroom. Hoseok got startled by the sudden voice. He hadn't expected Jungkook to actually speak to him. He had figured that the werewolf was too angry with him and so he would get a silent treatment. Turns out that wasn't the case.

"Science is never sure of anything", the scientist spoke up, his eyes flickering over to Namjoon. He had informed the other scientist about the experiment as well, trusting Namjoon to look over his notes and potion, in case he had done anything wrong. "But if this works, we're sure it works on any mutant. Which would be great news".

The words didn't quite assure Jungkook but there wasn't anything he could do as Taehyung glared at him from his place in the bathtub. They had to lock the door from an angry Yoongi trying to stop them not too long ago. The merman trusted that his mate would stay calm for his sake.

"I'll just put these drops into the water, the percentage of the cure in the water should be the same as the percentage that had been in the ocean", Hoseok cleared his throat as he unscrewed the top of the little bottle he held in hand, "We'll just need to wait for a day or more. It takes some time to break off the virus inside of you".

He met Taehyung's anxious gaze, "You ready?" The merman didn't hesitate for a moment as he merely gave a determined nod. His eyes followed the drops that landed in the bathwater, coloring it a light grey.

"And now we wait", Namjoon sighed, uncrossing his arms, "Call us when you feel something happening, alright?"

Taehyung nodded and watched the scientists unlock the door and leave the room. As soon as they were out the door, Yoongi barged in, Jin following in his steps. "What the fuck were you thinking?", the older brother yelled at the merman in the bathtub. He then turned to Jungkook who was still standing in the corner, not having moved an inch since the cure was added.

"And you!", Yoongi growled, stalking towards the werewolf, his finger digging into Jungkook's strong chest, "Why aren't you doing anything against this?" Jungkook glanced down at the glare Yoongi was giving him before glancing back at Taehyung.

"It's his decision", Jungkook spoke, his voice monotone, "I can't dictate his life".

The older grunted and turned his back to the werewolf, "You're way too mellow". He then locked eyes with his younger brother, "If you dare die, I'll kill you".

Taehyung raised his eyebrows in amusement, "That kinda defeats the purpose, but alright".

It wasn't as if he wasn't anxious and scared as well, but he tried not to show it too much. He also was determined to become normal and it made all of this much more bearable.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was deep in the night when the screaming began. Jungkook had dozed off while watching over Taehyung but had startled awake when this awful feeling took over him, a sharp pain beginning to spread in his legs and neck. He soon realized it wasn't his own pain, but rather Taehyung's.

That's when the merman had started screaming, the pain almost unbearable as it flooded his system. The gills in his neck were burning as well, it was as if someone was pressing a hot iron against his neck. His tail's condition wasn't any better, feeling like the tail might just melt off.