SIXTEEN

"People were always getting ready for tomorrow. I didn't believe in that. Tomorrow wasn't getting ready for them. It didn't even know they were there."

― Cormac McCarthy, The Road

"I hope nothing bad will happen while on our way-"

Hoseok's mouth got shut by a small hand and a dark glare. "Don't you dare finish that sentence", Jimin hissed, releasing the hold onto the other's mouth, "Have you never learned not to test fate?"

"Yeah dude, saying stuff like that is like the worst thing ever", Yoongi replied from the passenger seat in the front.

"Things will automatically go wrong if you say 'oh nothing can go wrong'. Have you never read a book? Or seen a movie?", Jimin spoke up again. Hoseok, surprised and confused, just kept his mouth shut and nodded.

"It's highly unlikely this will just be a relaxing road trip to Pohang. Something is bound to go wrong, knowing us", Namjoon decided on saying, "Our adventure hasn't been anything but danger and mistakes".

"The first one was leaving Taehyung behind and letting him get kidnapped by scientists", Jimin said, "At least Jeongguk felt something was wrong. Or he'd be dead by now".

"Don't say that", the older brother growled, "We had no idea something like that could of happened".

Jimin's face stood unamused, "But it did. And we were lucky Jeongguk was already a lovey dovey puppy for Taehyung at that point". The smaller grinned, hearing a growl coming from the back of the van, a growl that clearly said 'fuck you', probably aimed towards him.

"They're talking shit about me", Jeongguk growled, eyes strained on the front of the van where the other's were situated. Taehyung arched an eyebrow at that, momentarily stopping his water powers. The bubbles he had made popped into the air. "What are they saying?", he asked, his tail flopping out of the water.

"Something about me being a lovey dovey puppy", the youngest muttered, hearing his mate laugh which made his embarrassment grow even more. "But you are a lovey dovey puppy!", Taehyung smiled, squeezing the werewolf's face, "But I like my lovey dovey puppy".

"Stop pwease", Jeongguk managed to say through his cheek squishing, that were probably red by all the embarrassment he was feeling. Taehyung smiled coyly and released the werewolf before going back to playing with the water in his kiddy pool. His eyes never left the flushed younger and Taehyung thought - in order to cool him down - what better than splash the werewolf with some water?

"Hey Jeongguk?"

The said man huffed and looked up, "What-"

Taehyung started giggling at the other, whose hair was now soaked, and mouth now full of water. "Thought you might wanted to cool off", he laughed, but getting no reaction whatsoever of his mate.

As his laughter died down, and the only thing heard was the car driving, he got scared.

"Gguk?"

The male was just staring at him, drops of water sliding down his face and neck, down to his soaked shirt. The shirt - now being wet - revealed much more muscles than Taehyung every could handle. Sure, he had seen Jeongguk naked, back when he had rescued him from those scientists. And every time he changed back from being a wolf. But damn, that shirt was being a goddamn tease.

"Did you hear that?", Namjoon asked with a frown.

"It sounded like it came from the back", Hoseok replied, also having heard the thump. The front of the van was now silent, wary of the sounds they had just picked up on.

"I thought I had heard Taehyung laugh just now. But it's so silent", Jimin spoke up.

"Hey guys! You okay back there!?", Yoongi yelled, his heart beating just a tad faster at the thought of something happening to his brother.

"What if Jeongguk attacked him?", Hoseok suddenly said. The rest - except for Jin - looked at him in shock.

"Why would he do that? If Taehyung dies, he'd die too", Jimin snapped, "Maybe a mutant jumped on board!"

"No, we'd be hearing screams by now if that'd be the case", Namjoon shook his head, "I'm getting worried though".

Suddenly Jin stepped on the brakes, making everyone lunge forward. "Go check on them if you're so worried. Meanwhile some of us could go over there", he pointed towards a large farmhouse, "See if we can get some supplies out of it". They were almost at the highway where they would not be able to stop for a while since it could be dangerous.

While Jimin and Yoongi jumped out of the vehicle, the rest hesitated. "Is it really a good idea to do a stop here? What if we get spotted?"

"The place looks deserted enough", Jin said, "And the trip will take a while. It's best if we have enough food for the whole way to Pohang".

"Oh my god!"

"Get off my brother!"

Namjoon and Jin shared a worried glance, "Did Jeongguk really attack Taehyung?"

Before any of the others could jump out to check, Jimin came running back and jumped inside, chubby cheeks flushed red.

"What happened?"

"Is everything okay?"

Jimin chuckled awkwardly, "Y-yeah. Just some werewolf on merman action going on in the back".

Jin's expression deadpanned, "Are they seriously making out in a time like this?"

"Yep", the younger responded, popping the p, "About that farmhouse. I'm willing to go. Anything better than staying here to see that".

"I'm coming with you", Yoongi replied sternly, suddenly appearing next to the van, dragging a whining Jeongguk with him, "And he's coming too". The youngest, looking like a kicked puppy whose favorite toy got taken away, only huffed in response, cheeks red in embarrassment and frustration.

"Fine", he said, tugging his shirt out of the other's grip. Jeongguk stood straight again, not wanting the others to actually think Yoongi could kick his ass, and cleared his throat, "Let's go. I don't want to stand around for too long".

"Yeah- you sure want to climb back into the van with a certain fish, don't you?", Jimin winked before he needed to spurt away, having an angry werewolf behind him trying to kick his ass.

Ayyyy, New Year's present I guess. I'm having exams until the end of January so pls don't expect me to update much (not like I update a lot nowadays lmao)