FOUR

I'm always excited to write this fanfic! teehee! I can use all the creativity & knowledge I have on these chapters :o)

Jungkook decided that he really needed to leave the beach if he ever wanted to find new weapons and continue his mission. He also really craved food right now as his stomach rumbled loudly.

He heard a chuckle coming from the crashing waves and saw Taehyung smirking at him, lying down in the salty water. The alpha stared him down, feeling disappointed in himself for letting that merman be the reason for his long visit on the beach. He should have just washed himself and left the dark ocean. But instead, he had found some sort of comfort into talking to someone for the first time in a long while and had slept on the sand that night, listening to the merman sing.

He realized that night that Taehyung might have been some sort of siren since his singing allured the boy to take a step into the sea. Though Taehyung ate fish and not people and he didn't seem to have any bad intentions except splashing water at him and soaking his clothes, the merman seemed to be friendly guy.

As if to prove the Alpha's point, Taehyung splashed his tail and kicked a fish Jungkook's way. The panicking fish slapped the alpha in the face who growled at the laughing merman.

Jungkook rolled his eyes and collected the fish Taehyung threw his way. Since he wasn't really a fan of sushi, he decided on making a fire. He collected wood that had once stranded on the beach and got branches from nearby trees that stood further away from the beach.

Taehyung followed him with curious eyes, wondering just how long Jungkook would keep him company before he would leave him.

When Jungkook was done he set up a nice campfire and impaled the fish with small branches. He let them roast above the fire while staring at the waves, feeling himself relax at the scent of the sea and the giggling of Taehyung when he splashed Jungkook with water.

The alpha turned around after having thrown a ball of wet sand Taehyung's way who blocked the attack with a wall of water.

Jungkook took a stick and bit a piece of one of the fish. Chewing on it he realized something was shifting on the other side of the fire. Furrowing his eyebrows, he realized the air shifted and made something visible for a split second.

When he got up and stepped over to the weird flickering of vision, the air shifted again, now seemingly backing away from Jungkook.

"Jungkook?", Taehyung asked worriedly, wondering why the boy was acting so strange. He couldn't exactly go to him since his tail was restricting him from walking.

Jungkook didn't reply though and pounced on the thing, whatever it was, only to feel himself hitting something and toppling to the ground, together with the invisible thing.

When he opened his eyes again, he realized he was lying on top of something- or rather someone. The man had black hair and brown eyes, accompanied by plump lips that formed into an awkward smile.

"Hi. My name's Jin".